14 Bookkeeper Union at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Francisco, CaliforniaJob Description:
Treasure Island Job Corps Center (TIJCC) is a vocational training program for low-income youth (ages 16 - 24) funded through the Department of Labor. Students are educated in vocational training programs like Culinary Arts, Plastering, Cement, and Certified Medical Assistant. In the event a student has not obtained a High School Diploma, they will be enrolled in a HSD program on center. It is our goal to train and educate our students to provide them with the necessary skills to join the workforce in their vocational area of study.
Performs bookkeeping functions to process payroll and associated taxes, etc., processes student pay, and disburses checks and cash to staff and students. Processes and reconciles Job Corps Student Pay. Maintains related documents in efficient and organized files. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Processes staff payroll. Verifies Human Resources new hire setups.
- Processes payroll taxes, garnishments and child support orders.
- Coordinates and oversees student pay and allotments.
- Maintains petty cash and meal ticket funds and records. Performs cash transactions for students and for staff meals.
- Reconciles and tracks staff advances, Accounts Payable (not Payroll) bank account, petty cash, meal tickets, and student pay.
- Performs combination of routine calculations, postings and verifying of accounting data. Performs miscellaneous clerical duties including typing assignments, filing, data entry and retrieval, and recurrent report preparation.
- Maintains accounting records and reports, to include accounts payable, receivable, inventory control, etc. in accordance with procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate of Arts Degree from an accredited school or two years bookkeeping/accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of computerized accounting packages required.
- Medical, dental, vision offered through Anthem Blue Cross
- Employee assistance plan
- Will preparation, identity theft program, and secure travel assist program
- 401(k) savings plan (after 1 year of employment)
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- 10 days of vacation and 10 days of sick per year (accrual based system)
- Commuter Benefits & Shuttle Service (varies)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.