19 Assistant Cook at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Sedro-Woolley, WashingtonJob Description:
Food Services Manager
Responsible for assisting in the preparation of food and beverages for consumption by students. Assists in kitchen clean-up to facilitate sanitizing of all food service areas.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred. Prefer previous experience in food service. Must be able to obtain ServeSafe credentials.
Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and / or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
May provide supervision and training to Job Corps’ Internship Clinicals students.
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of quality food.
- Renders good customer service skills and engages young adults.
- Assists in kitchen clean-up, washing dishes, cleaning and sanitizing the food preparation area to ensure sanitation and cleanliness of all food service areas.
- Transports finished meals from preparation area to serving line. Keeps serving counters stocked with prepared food.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of requisite services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Academy Director/Center Duty Officer/Academy Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.