Payment Application & Account Reconciliation Specialist at Cook Children's Health Care System
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Fort Worth, TexasJob Description:
Summary: The Payment Application & Account Reconciliation Specialist is responsible for processing Explanation of Benefits (EOB), Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT), and remittance codes and applying cash via individual receipt into the patient accounting system, ensuring maximum efficiency and accuracy of account receivable balances. Performs daily bank reconciliation audits of electronic deposits, paper checks, credit card payments and unidentified payments to ensure all monies posted and balanced accurately. This position requires that work is in compliance with all cash related procedures and financial control policies set by the Finance Department. Ability to post adjustments to the patients' accounts and reconcile the unapplied cash account on a daily basis. Position requires high level of problem solving, analytical and investigational skills.
The Cook Children's Cash Management, Customer Service and Document Control departments function as a part of a Single Billing Office (SBO) that supports all of Cook Children's Health Care System. The ultimate goal of the SBO is to integrate customer service and self-pay collection activities across Cook Children's Medical Center and Cook Children's Physician Network, providing a single point of contact, a single patient billing statement and increased transparency to guarantors thereby improving the patient collection process and patient experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience working with cash posting and/or general ledger accounting in a healthcare setting.
- Ability to type, spell, write or print legibly with accurate data entry skills and use computer and other office equipment.
- A bility to perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Associate Degree with 3 years of experience working with cash posting and/or general ledger accounting in a healthcare setting.
- Ability to type, spell, write or print legibly with accurate data entry skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of Epic Systems and/or equivalent cash management system.
- Working knowledge of professional and hospital billing and follow-up preferred.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA - Minority/Females/Disability/Vet