Project Manager (603302) at Zimmer US
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
This position is to provide project management expertise that will enable the business to identify, develop, resource, and commercialize quality products- on time and on target. This includes optimizing the project, portfolio, and resource management methodologies via training and coaching, the development of and maintenance of new tools and processes and sharing best practices across Functions and Divisions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the process expert by being responsible for incorporating, supporting, training and improving NPD Process methodologies and pipeline reviews.
- Be the process expert and drive Divisional excellence for portfolio management by incorporating and supporting processes and tools that are used to identify, prioritize and select opportunities/projects for optimal portfolio value and strategic alignment.
- Monitors NPD and Divisional project activity and provides management monthly updates on the status of projects for entire division via a report or online dashboard.
- Assists Core Team Leaders in the optimal management of their Core Teams by providing the necessary training and facilitating team activities for team-building, planning, decision-making and problem-solving, including establishment of appropriate project plans.
- Establish, assess, review, and monitor tools for cross-functional resource planning for the Division to enable appropriate staffing and resource decisions.
- Collect and analyze the performance of the new product development effort by collecting data for key metrics and reporting out the performance.
- Schedule, manage and document and be an active participant in the Phase Reviews to ensure the appropriate use of the process and the timely development and commercialization of new products that are aligned with the Divisions strategy and provides optimal portfolio value.
- Directs the activities of external development efforts through establishment of contracts, guidance of external development teams, management of resource requirements, and ensuring seamless integration of work product into the division.
- Leads Divisional acquisition efforts employing Project Management skills to ensure successful completion of acquisition assessment, and integration of product and/or company as needed.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Broad knowledge of new product development methodologies and tools:
- Project Management, Custer Needs Assessment, Financial valuation, Commercialization tasks Phase Gate Development, Managing by influence with listening & leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach the implementation of NPD process improvements through cross-functional teams by listening and utilizing influence skills. (leadership)
- Able to take action in solving problems and making decisions while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues, able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics. (decision-making & problem solving)
- Must possess an established track record of sound cross-functional actions and decisions impacting the business process and company results.(action oriented)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) in a clear and concise manner. (communicate)
- Presentation skills. Able to clearly present information through the spoken work; influence or persuade others through oral presentations in positive and negative circumstances, listens well. Must be able to emit a level of confidence and expertise to effectively train other employees (up, down and across the organization) at multiple sites in a broad range of NPD topics.(communication)
- Ability to establish relationships quickly with a broad range of constituents. Must possess a collaborative style to work effectively throughout the organization. Able to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives. (team-building)
- Able to influence actions and opinions of others in a desired direction, to exhibit judgment in leading others to worthwhile objectives. (leadership)
- Ability to withhold actions or speech in the absence of important information: deal with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. (tolerance of ambiguity)
- Able to create positive energy (motivation) in both individuals and groups.(energizing)
- Able to develop unique and novel solutions to problems; use intuition and a new way of thinking to give birth to new ideas; to present information in an attention-getting and interesting manner. (creativity)
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications and MS Project.
- Bachelor degree in an analytical field or related science required
- 6-8 years experience in new product development or project management
- Experience working in a medical device regulated environment
- Experience working in a matrix organization.
- Experience managing a functional area within Brand Management, Product Development, Finance, IT or Operations is preferred, with demonstrated results-oriented performance.
- Certified Project Manager Professional (PMP) is preferred.
up to 25%