Database Developer at Computershare
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Database Administrator II
At Specialized Loan Servicing (SLS), we are an industry leader in mortgage servicing solutions for the financial services and investment banking industries. As part of Computershare - the world's largest stock transfer agent-we have grown rapidly in Colorado and Arizona to meet the evolving needs of our clients.
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is the world's largest stock transfer agent that has pioneered many of the securities industry's innovations to help companies build and maintain strong relationships with their investors, employees and customers. For more than 35 years, we have grown rapidly in markets around the world to meet the evolving needs of our 16,000 clients.
Responsible for the design, development and database administration of SQL Server databases used by associates, customers and investors. Designs and develops database applications and processes in a Microsoft development environment and will be responsible for adhering to current SLS development procedures and techniques.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Lead the technical design, development, testing and implementation of SQL Server based applications utilizing SLS standard development procedures and techniques that support the requirements defined by users and analysts. Ensure that standards for database performance, availability and security are being met.
perform proactive performance consultation, design, tuning, and planning. Responsible for suggesting, reviewing and justifying new technical tools and techniques and managing their implementation.
- Translate and document customer requirements, recommend system solutions, and formulate detailed specifications from which enterprise applications are developed. Work closely with business partners to produce quality products that meet business needs. Implement solutions following the complete Software Development Lifecycle (SLDC), including requirements gathering, design, specifications, development, change management, testing and deployment activities.
- Work collaboratively with team members and business partners in defining, designing, developing and implementing technology solutions to improve business functions.
- Analyze database applications/queries and implement improvements to optimize performance.
- Develop system documentation for all developed applications databases, processes, and jobs, including flowcharts and data models.
- Understand the total SLS IT computing environment and daily operations and understand the impact of planned changes. Provide tiered production support including limited on-call.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong understanding of how to maximize SQL Server application scalability, performance, recoverability, and maintainability.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple concurrent projects of varying priorities and shift focus from one project to another with minimal loss of productivity or quality.
- Demonstrated experience with adhering to usability, design and development standards.
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of unit testing, performance testing and user acceptance testing.
- In-depth experience with the development lifecycle and software development methodologies.
- A strong understanding of technical and infrastructure environments (data communications, web technologies, network, SAN, security, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with large scale database design and development on the Microsoft SQL Server platforms including normalization techniques, ETL, writing stored procedures, performance tuning etc
- Solid understanding of SQL Server locking, indexing and error handling, and basic administration tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and interact at all levels to ensure reliability, availability, scalability, and performance of applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project planning/strategizing skills.
- Experience with other Microsoft languages and technologies, including MSMQ, Sharepoint, Visual Studio Team System (VSTS), and Team Foundation Server a plus.
- Loan servicing or mortgage lending experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist Certification Preferred.
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with developing SQL Server applications and optimization including DDL, DML, stored procedures, triggers, SSIS, and performance tuning preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of relational database experience within a multi-tiered environment; including use of database performance and monitoring tools preferred.
Ability to read/analyze/interpret business periodicals/ journals/technical procedures/gov. regulations; write reports/business correspondence/procedure manuals; effectively present information/respond to questions from managers/clients/customers/public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally have reason to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by business needs and communicated by their supervisor.