Senior IT Project Manager at Computershare
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Senior IT Project Manager
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is the world's largest stock transfer agent that has pioneered many of the securities industry's innovations to help companies build and maintain strong relationships with their investors, employees and customers. For more than 35 years, we have grown rapidly in markets around the world to meet the evolving needs of our 16,000 clients.
The Sr. IT Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and programs and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Incumbent might also be company's expert on specific technologies.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provide end-to-end project management for complex IT projects and/or programs which include requirements gathering, analysis, design, planning, development, implementation and testing of technology solutions to ensure project requirements have been met and to ensure conformance to CTS development standards and methodology.
- Work with business sponsors and partners in designing, defining, planning and implementing technology solutions to meet business needs and specifications.
- Ensure organizational needs for the development and implementation of technology solutions are documented, and apply experiences with existing software development processes to develop better processes for future use
- Coach and mentor junior PMO and project team staff.
- Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to project team. Escalate issues to management and/or appropriate leadership as appropriate.
- Provide insight and knowledge into improving processes related to portfolio, project and program management
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated experience with planning, managing and tracking multiple major Technology impact projects.
- Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives and communicating effectively with senior management
- Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision.
- Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills.
- Strong process and gap analysis skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 years of Project Management Experience with at least 5 years of Technology Related Project Management
- Extensive experience with planning, managing and tracking multiple complex IT impact projects.
- Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives and communicating effectively with senior management.
- Strong process development skills, with the ability to learn and understand technical concepts in order to interpret, document and formalize procedures.
- In-depth experience with the development lifecycle and software development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience with working with business users to gather and document business requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with MSWord, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project, and SharePoint
- Experience with other Microsoft technologies a plus.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and interact at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment.
- Working experience with Agile Projects
- Demonstrated experience in Information Technology, working on technology related Project Management
- PMP or PMI certification or other Project Manager certifications.
It is expected that this position may include travel up to 10% of the time. This is subject to change based on many factors, including business needs.
Ability to read/analyze/interpret business periodicals/ journals/technical procedures/gov. regulations; write reports/business correspondence/procedure manuals; effectively present information/respond to questions from managers/clients/customers/public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally have reason to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by business needs and communicated by their supervisor.