Staff Accountant at Computershare
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
At Specialized Loan Servicing (SLS), we are an industry leader in mortgage servicing solutions for the financial services and investment banking industries. As part of Computershare - the world's largest stock transfer agent-we have grown rapidly in Colorado and Arizona to meet the evolving needs of our clients.
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is the world's largest stock transfer agent that has pioneered many of the securities industry's innovations to help companies build and maintain strong relationships with their investors, employees and customers. For more than 35 years, we have grown rapidly in markets around the world to meet the evolving needs of our 16,000 clients.
Responsible for assisting in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial packages and associated balance sheet reconciliations. Calculates monthly service fees, investor pass through expenses and reconciles monthly investor settlements. Responsible for accounts receivable function for STS.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
- Responsible for STS accounts receivable collection and reconciliation
- Payment of zero balance invoices, service release advances and BPO's.
- Responsible for balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly calculation of service fees and investor pass through expenses.
- Assist in journaling and reconciling monthly investor settlements
- Daily and monthly journal entries.
- Assist with year-end financial audit.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10 key
- Extensive knowledge of general accounting principles
- Strong critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate communication clearly and effectively to management team
- Solid writing skills with ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to multitask and follow assignment to completion with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Proficient advance computer skill utilizing Microsoft Office/Access/Window based applications.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 years of accounting/financial experience
Ability to read/analyze/interpret journals/financial reports/legal documents; respond to inquiries/complaints from customers/reg. agencies/ community; write speeches/articles for publication; present info to top mgmt/public groups/ boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations; and apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally have reason to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by business needs and communicated by their supervisor.