Certification Trainer at Land O'Lakes
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Neosho, Missouri
The agriculture and food industries are growing fast. With a variety of positions in a lot of different places, Land O’Lakes has just the job for you. Land O'Lakes, Inc., (www.landolakesinc.com) one of America's premier agribusiness and food companies, is a member-owned cooperative with industry-leading operations spanning the spectrum from agricultural production to consumer foods. With 2015 annual sales of $13 billion, we manage some of the most respected brands including LAND O LAKES® Dairy Foods, Purina Animal Nutrition and WinField Solutions. To all the big thinkers, the leaders, future leaders, change makers, hard workers and everyone with a passion for doing something meaningful—we want you on our team. Land O'Lakes is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O'Lakes growth relies on hiring extraordinary, diverse talent. Our Supply Chain & Operations team provides strategic leadership across the company's many business units. The team plays a significant role in fueling revenue growth and profitability through operational excellence, quality, and process improvement. Our end-to-end Supply Chain organization includes: engineering, manufacturing, procurement, planning and logistics, warehousing and transportation, customer service, and quality and safety. Unlock your greatest potential with the opportunity to make a difference, drive results, and develop a rewarding career.
- Work with supervisors and to schedule certification training
- Ensure all prerequisites have been met before scheduling training
- Make sure trainee understands and follows all Safety Policies and SOP's related to the job
- Track the hours a trainee spends training on a job and make sure they train for a minimum of 40
- Communicate with the supervisor on the progress of the trainee
- Make sure the Certification Requirements and Training Progress Forms are filled out correctly and in their entirety
- Administer and grade the appropriate certification test for the job
- Update the training matrix with the date of certification
- Notify supervisor when employees are ready to change
- Tier status and provide copies of appropriate training documentation needed
- Review the training matrix daily to make sure employees have performed each of their certified jobs for at least 40 hours annually
- Communicate with supervisor daily/weekly to confirm how many hours each employee spent performing a job in which they are certified
- Update the training matrix with the number of hours worked
- Once the employee has met the 40 hours annually administer and grade the appropriate certification test
- When the test is passed; update the certification date on the training matrix
- Stay up to date on all group SOP, EQMS and Safety Trainings
- Perform assessments of employees to ensure training is effective and to make note of any improvements that can be made to the training process File all completed training paperwork in the training office
- High school education or equivalent
- Knowledge of manufacturing and warehouse processes
- Experience working with barcode scanners
- Needs to understand the importance of getting value from every hour spent training.
- Must have an understanding of the 4 basic ways people learn
- Tier 1 training status or 2 years in manufacturing/warehouse.
- Knowledge of real-time inventory systems
- General computer and office usage skills – especially Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet
- Good communication skills – Oral and written
- Good organization/multi-tasking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be familiar with activities at a manufacturing facility such as ours and offer ideas for improving environmental, health and safety
- Must have patience and be able to deal with the learning curves of different employees
- Must be approachable to all employees and be able to answer any safety, quality or process questions they may have
- Must have the ability to understand all job functions within the plant
- Must have attention to detail when training, completing paperwork or evaluating performance
- Ability to file/organize documentation for future reference
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to receive and give direction in a respectful manner
- Flexible with work schedules (reliable, changes to schedule, overtime, call-ins)
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.