Development Coordinator 2 at University of Houston
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Participates in the development and implementation of advancement programs (annual funds, alumni relations, special events, stewardship, public relations, etc.); plans and executes related activities and administrative functions; provides technical knowledge and experience in basic fund-raising principles and advancement activities.
EEO/AABachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics is seeking exceptional talent for the Development Office to work in a high performing team of fundraising and events management. The position reports to the Director of Advancement and provides services to the development and dean's offices.
The development coordinator will:
- Manage the development and implementation of special events for the college development office and the dean's office.
- Manage event budgets and seek sponsorship for events when appropriate.
- Coordinate all bids, contracts, and paperwork associated with events.
- Manage staff and volunteers for events.
- Manage all publications, invitations, printed materials and mailings for events.
- Support the development team in fundraising efforts including by not limited to gift acknowledgment and solicitation letters, proposals, and donor briefings.
The ideal candidate will have: Superior organizational, analytical and project management skills.
Education may be substituted in lieu of experience.
Experience will not be substituted in lieu of education.