Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications at University of Houston
Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Responsible for the development and implementation of marketing and communication plans for Student Housing and Residential Life (SHRL). Must have proven leadership and supervision skills and abilities to build relationships with direct reports and partners across the campus community.
- Manages comprehensive marketing and communication programs, including research strategy and execution designed to support the SHRL mission of student success and satisfaction by ensuring students are well informed.
- Directs marketing and communication, branding and image building campaigns and efforts to increase awareness and enhance SHRL image. Examples of these critical processes and campaigns include housing application processes, recruitment of new students into the housing, renewal of housing students, room transfer processes, and job recruitment for student and professional staff.
- Participates in strategic / assessment planning, market research and service initiatives that brand and increase effective communication.
- Assists in departmental operations, including management of staff, planning and administration of budget and resources.
- Coordinates events and programs such as, but not limited to: campus move-in, tailgate events, student housing fairs, faculty and residential programs to engage and enhance student's campus life experience and educate the community on SHRL initiatives.
- Provide leadership and serve as a resource for SHRL regarding successful marketing activities, techniques and methods.
- Stays abreast of best practices in integrated marketing and communication, brand messaging and current market trends in higher education, and translates that understanding into successful strategic marketing/communication for SHRL.
- Directs the strategic marketing, branding and content of the SHRL website and social media platforms.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
EEO/AABachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.