Finished Goods Member-Brat Line 1st Shift at Johnsonville Sausage LLC
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Holton, Kansas
Johnsonville Sausage, the nations No. 1 producer of brats, Italian sausage, smoked-cooked links and fresh breakfast sausage links, is a leader in the food manufacturing industry. The companys more than 1,400 members, known elsewhere as employees, are dedicated to producing the finest-quality sausage. Johnsonville strongly supports each of its members in their efforts of continued growth and development, offering excellent opportunities for advancement, along with an attractive compensation, benefit and bonus package. We invite you to learn more about why Johnsonville was recently recognized as the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) National Employer of the Year!
Finished Goods " Brat Line
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Accepts Nothing Less Than Personal Greatness:
Your contribution will ensure that Johnsonville products are of the highest quality and meet our defined standards of safety. Youll learn about a variety of Finished Good processes, expanding your existing knowledge for application into the business of making sausage. There is unlimited opportunity for growth as you become an active contributor to the Finished Goods departments and assist your team in the quest for continual improvement.
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with safety, quality, and sanitation requirements while operating sausage making equipment. In addition, this candidate will establish and sustain effective relationships with all Members so that they may work together to promote innovation and cooperation in order to solve problems.
- Know and follow all safety policies involved in the position. This may include being trained as an authorized Member of the Lock Out Tag Out, or forklift program(s).
- Follow all GMP, SOP, and safe food handling practices.
- Operation of equipment to keep pace with line speed.
- Cross-train to various positions within and possibly outside of the department.
- Follow daily production schedules for products running that day.
- Complete daily paperwork as required by the equipment being operated.
- Proper set up and tear down of equipment as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Multitasking required.
- Communication / organization, including legible hand writing.
- Basic reading skills
- Evaluation / decision making / prioritizing.
- Requires full range of body motion: standing, squatting, kneeling, upper body twisting: occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to take on future learning opportunities.
- The ability to work with inside conditions that include exposure to moderate noise levels. Will be exposed to wide variations in temperature, operating temperature of the finished goods department is approximately 43 degrees F.
1st shift 5:15am-3pm (Overtime as production demands) Must be able to train on 1st shift
External candidates: Apply on line at http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.