Master Scheduler - Ready to Eat Network at Johnsonville Sausage LLC
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Johnsonville, LLC, the nations No. 1 producer of brats, Italian sausage, smoked-cooked links and fresh breakfast sausage links, is a leader in the food manufacturing industry. The companys more than 1,400 members, known elsewhere as employees, are dedicated to producing the finest-quality sausage. Johnsonville strongly supports each of its members in their efforts of continued growth and development, offering excellent opportunities for advancement, along with an attractive compensation, benefit and bonus package. We invite you to learn more about why Johnsonville was recently recognized as the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) National Employer of the Year!
As part of Johnsonvilles Supply Chain team, the Master Scheduler will develop and manage the execution of a medium and short range master schedule for finished goods production as well as the long term capacity plan for two Johnsonville sites and 12 co-packers. This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain Planning and will have indirect coaching responsibilities for production schedulers at multiple facilities.
- Maintain supply network master data in the SAP Advanced Planning system
- Coordinate production capabilities with each plant and co-packer in the RTE Network
- Create master data for new products, new production lines, new 3PLs, and/or new plants
- Coordinate medium to short-range production loadings and tactical inventory levels by leading the RTE Network discussion in monthly IBP meetings and weekly planning meetings.
- Partner with Co-Pack planners to maximize internal factories and internalize production when possible
- Maintain master scheduling metrics and demonstrate continuous improvement on those measures
- Lead volume modeling in the annual budgeting and capital planning processes
- Function as a subject-matter expert for all reporting related to the master schedule
- Create and maintain exception reports in the execution horizon and work with members across the supply chain on resolution
- Utilize Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) methodology in system and process improvements.
- Lead analyses for issues and opportunities impacting the RTE Network
- Lead SC execution meeting for new product innovations
- Work closely with Purchasing, Operations, Demand Planning, Deployment, Scheduling, Customer Service, Transportation, and Warehousing teams
- Bachelors Degree in Business Operations, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field required
- APICS certification preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience in Production Planning and Master Scheduling preferred
- Experience in process manufacturing a definite plus
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems required; SAP preferred
- Advanced Planning Systems experience preferred
- Experience in Sales and Operations Planning process preferred
- Project leadership experience is a plus
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presenting, listening) required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Business Warehouse reporting systems
- Ability to travel approximately 10-15%.
Posting Date: March 5, 2018
Location: Global Headquarters II
Member Status: Fulltime, Salaried
External candidate: Apply on-line only at: http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.