SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR at GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Posted in Health Care 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Florence, ArizonaJob Description:
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assists in developing, organizing, and conducting programs to provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group counseling sessions and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides relevant Substance Abuse information for class curriculum.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psychosocial history on incoming residents as required.
- Participates in related training for substance abuse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a minimum B.A. degree, preferably in human services or C.A.A.P. (Certified Associate Addiction Professional Licensure).
- Preference given to experience within a correctional setting.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.