At Samuel, Son & Co., your success is our business. As leading metals and industrial products manufacturer, processor and distributor, we leverage our industry expertise, breadth of experience and the passion of our people to help drive success for North American business – one customer at a time.
We go beyond, quality, price, competitiveness, reliability and service. As a strategic supplier, we work collaboratively with our customers to understand their challenges and opportunities, and to develop innovative solutions that create value and meet real business needs. Samuel, Son & Co. Because it’s not just business. It’s family.
Deliver and pickup products in a safe and efficient manner. Any and all material is to be protected by using either a tarp covering or a rollback, Conestoga type cover on the trailer. All materials are to be properly secured utilizing either straps and or a binder chain system to ensure safe transport.
• Visually inspect truck / trailer for any issues that would compromise safe transport of vehicle and or material
• Inspect loading of material for visual damage and placement on unit / trailer; provide feedback to loading personnel for continuous improvement
• Secure material to unit / trailer for safe transport ensuring all DOT type regulations are either met or exceeded
• Deliver said material to designated customers based on manifest and driving route
• Observe customer unloading to ensure it is done properly and material is not damaged in any way
• Ensure documentation is properly signed for by the customer
• Perform material pickups as required based on information provided with manifests and or other documentation
• Upon return to the facility, stage vehicle for next day’s activities ensuring that one last vehicle inspection is performed for safe transport
• Process all paperwork to the appropriate, designated person in the office
• Current Commercial Driver’s License (Class A CDL)
• Current DOT physical
• Has knowledge of, and conforms to all rules and regulations, found in the DOT Handbook
• Capable of accurately completing a Daily Driver’s log and or electronic equivalent
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the DOT 60 hour / 7 day rule
• 1 – 5 years’ experience with flatbed truck loading, securing and unloading
• Capable of reading, writing and speaking the English language
• Ability to lift 50 lbs (22.7kg) maximum occasionally with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs (11.3kg).