Senior Manager, Capital Markets, Integrated Audit at 2001 State Street Bank & Trust Co
Posted in Management 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Manager, Capital Markets, Integrated Audit
Corporate Audit’s Integrated Audit team is responsible for engagements that focus on business risk and related application technology. Team members work with business auditors to understand business risks and related application input/processing/output controls such as interface controls, electronic authorizations, application parameters and settings, edit checks, business rule mappings, application access to sensitive transactions, exception reports, etc.
The main objective of an integrated audit is to assess the design and operating effectiveness of manual and automated internal controls that mitigate both business and IT related risks. Application controls most likely include:
A collaborative approach is followed, with business and IT team audit members jointly conducting the majority of internal and client-facing planning, control assessment, testing and reporting activities.
The Integrated Audit team is also responsible for Application Pre-Implementation Reviews.
Corporate Audit is seeking a well-rounded and versatile individual, who will manage integrated audit projects, including full scope integrated audits, special reviews, and pre-implementation reviews. Senior Manager responsibilities include:
- Perform quarterly & annual risk assessments, develop audit universe and assist in preparing the annual audit plan.
- Schedule, oversee and deliver audit assignments, including resource management, planning assignments, and providing overall direction to the integrated audit team.
- Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including discussion item matrices, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management.
- Manage relationships with senior and executive management through continuous monitoring activities, regular client relationship meetings, participation in working groups and committees of significant business and technology initiatives, and ad-hoc controls advisory activities.
- Manage, coach and develop staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes.
- Stay abreast of industry and technical matters and efficiently and effectively apply applicable new developments in audit projects.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science preferred.
- CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- Must have CISA or be willing to take the CISA exam within 1 year.
- Experience in Public Accounting, IT Audit, Consulting, or Business Process Engineering preferred, ideally in the Financial Services industry.
- Motivated self-starter and intellectual curiosity.
- Experience in the following areas is desirable: Financial Services processes and technology, Oracle E-Business Suite, Database Technology, Technical application background.
- Ability to establish an environment conducive to continuous innovation
- Ability to coordinate and interact positively with other teams in the audit department.
- Excellent analytical, written communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Potential for 15 % domestic and / or international travel.