Facility Mechanical Engineer (Senior) at GlaxoSmithKline
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Position Title: Facility Mechanical Engineer (Senior)
Working Location: North Carolina
Employment Status: Full time
Required Experience: 5 years
Required Education: Bachelor of Engineering
Travel Required: 5%
To execute the major elements of the site Facility Engineering Strategy and provide mechanical engineering expertise to the Zebulon site within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, project managers, validation specialists, and sub-contractors. This role provides technical knowledge in the mechanical engineering discipline for the support of site facility systems and infrastructure. This includes providing engineering design and construction expertise, ensuring that systems and field work is done in accordance with engineering drawings, specifications and GSK design guides and providing troubleshooting support when needed.
• Act as a Mechanical Duty Holder
o The Duty Holder is the person accountable for ensuring that standards or regulations are effectively implemented at the site. They work with the relevant Technical Authorities and ensure the availability of Subject Matter Experts as mandated by the standards.
o Provides expertise to the site in engineering discipline area and has ownership of certain site critical systems.
o Develops and/or reviews standards and SOP’s applicable to the department.
• Plans and implements the design, installation, maintenance of mechanical systems and infrastructure such as HVAC, Chilled water, Steam, Air, USP, & other bulk gas/liquid distribution systems. Understands the functionality and design of these systems and can support facility maintenance in troubleshooting / issue resolution.
• Provides subject matter expertise in mechanical engineering to other Project Managers/project teams and supports larger projects as an individual contributor. This includes providing input during design reviews and ensuring submitted designs meets the GSK and local standards.
• Investigates and solves technical problems that involve equipment and processes that affect product quality and equipment reliability. Works with appropriate parties to investigate all adverse equipment and facility related events. Ensures robust corrective actions are in place to prevent recurrence of problems.
• Plan and manage small projects, including all aspects of the project delivery process from scope definition, justification and planning to completion / closeout. Responsible for assuring an outcome which meets all of the defined project objectives including safety, quality, cost, timelines and business benefit.
• Identify, contractually engage and performance manage engineering firms, vendors, equipment manufactures and construction contractors to support the project delivery.
• Coordinates the work of external construction contractors, vendors and manufacturers and ensures design and construction meets regulatory codes and standards as well as GSK standards.
• Responsible for ensuring the successful completion of commissioning, turnover and closeout activities, including acceptance testing, training, corrective work.
• Review, generate, and assist others with project documents ensuring technical accuracy and cGMP compliance (ie. FRS, SDS, Change Controls, Commissioning, Validation, SOP’s, Maint. Plans, FAT’s, SAT’s etc.)
• Interface and partner with the GSK community of Shared Services, Centers of Excellence and other sites to contribute, share, and leverage technology and maintain standards as appropriate.
• Ensure that systems and processes are continuously improved by performing routine GEMBAs and process confirmations, and performing problem solving.
• Provide subject matter expertise during regulatory inspections and interact with auditors.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering.
• 5+ years of engineering experience in mechanical engineering discipline.
• Extensive experience working with facility / plant systems and infrastructure.
• Technical knowledge across multiple areas; mechanical, electrical and controls to fully understand overall system designs and functionality.
• Capable of reading and interpreting ISA standards, P&ID’s, pump/fan curves, instrumentation and electrical wiring diagrams.
• Knowledgeable on the principles of validation & commissioning.
• Excellent in MS-Office, MS-Project, SAP and Auto-Cad.
• Ability to work well under pressure within tight timelines.
• Capable of managing multiple projects/assignments simultaneously.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.