Production Laborer - Tucson, AZ at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Job ID: 132032
Superlite is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Production Laborer Wanted!
Do you like variety and being active all day?
Enjoy working outside?
Can you lift and move up to 50 lbs?
We currently have an entry level opportunity for a hardworking individual who wants to join a great team! Enjoy competitive pay, great benefits and being part of a successful, industry leader.
In this role, you will be part of our production team performing a variety of duties, including:
- Assisting machine operators
- Maintenance, yard work, warehouse, production, utilities and material handling
Additional responsibilities include:
- Clean-up machinery and conveyors, maintain the surrounding area and keep equipment free from debris during down time
- Clean floors and pick up reusable scrap for salvage, transport trash and debris away from production areas
- Responsible for keeping pallets neat and orderly
Utility / Production Equipment
- Assist lead operator in preparing for shift production, work closely with the lead operator and become knowledgeable of the mechanics and operation of the machines
- May be required to work with conveyors, ramps, elevators, etc. as assigned
- Operate machinery or equipment as trained and instructed following safety guidelines at all times
- May be required to operate equipment such as hoppers, bagging and sealer machines, forklift, palletizers, hydraulic equipment, powered tractors or vehicles, among others
- Operate a variety of hand tools
Yard / Warehouse
- Assist in the loading/unloading of trucks
- Assist in completing shipping/receiving documents, verify loads leaving the premises
- Package and label products properly
- Maintain, verify, and count product inventory
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Requires pre-employment drug screening/background test
- High school diploma/equivalent, or a comparable combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to follow company safety procedures and attend weekly safety meetings
- Must be able to demonstrate lock out tag out procedures and keep key lock at all times
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. from ground level
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to pass internal certification training
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job
Don’t let a great opportunity pass you by. Apply today!
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Superlite Block is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Superlite Block is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.