Opportunity Development Manager at Vectren Corporation
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Who we are
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. We provide energy delivery services to over 900,000 natural gas customers located in Indiana and west central Ohio and over 140,000 electric customers in southwestern Indiana.
Vectren is looking for diverse, talented colleagues interested in being a part of a new and exciting opportunity in Vectren’s Customer Energy Solutions Department. We are not just looking for people to fill positions – let us help you build an energizing career!
Where we are
Indianapolis is the capital of and the largest city in Indiana. It is home to the Indianapolis Colts, the Indiana Pacers, The Indianapolis 500, and the world’s largest children’s museum, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. You can ride bikes, walk, or run on the Monon Trail, see the best of African American culture and performing arts at the Madame Walker Theatre, enjoy the Mass Ave. Arts District full of theaters, restaurants, art galleries, and electric boutiques, or have lunch on the steps of Monument Circle.
What you will be doing
- Develop and maintain a strategic opportunity pipeline, inclusive of solicitation and socialization with internal stakeholders
- Vet high priority and strategic opportunities through market intelligence, industry networking, and internal engagement; present opportunities to senior leaders & key stakeholders, and deliver a go-forward recommendation to leadership team
- Engage and provide guidance and input into the early development of approved opportunities, through the initial development phase
- Monitor and track opportunity key financial metrics as they mature, compared to the original approved case
- Be a subject matter expert for business development opportunities
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of business experience
- Strong business and financial acumen with a history of generating and managing business cases
- Proven track record of conceptualizing and advocating for successful new business opportunities
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to effectively network internally and externally
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively at all levels of the organization
It would be awesome if you have:
- 6+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: business development, financial analysis, business management, and/or product management
- Experience vetting business opportunities highly preferred
What we bring to you
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement to help advance your knowledge, skills and even your career
- Career ladder opportunities and colleagues with a vast amount of knowledge and experience committed to your growth, development and success
- Comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company contribution regardless of your contribution along with company match opportunities for additional savings
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Competitive compensation including at risk incentive potential
We want you to know
We value talent, innovation and diversity and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity. Vectren Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Vectren shall abide by the requirements of Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, as amended, and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These laws and regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these laws and regulations require that covered federal contractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.