Senior Health Care Analyst - RX Pricing at BCBSM
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementation, and leading department assignments. Position operates within broad objectives to ensure optimum utilization of manpower and budget. Research, compile and analyze appropriate and relevant data and make recommendations for operational improvements.
Leads in the research, analysis, identification and evaluation of data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
Possess and maintain an extensive comprehensive knowledge of BCBSM business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies.
Manage and monitor multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
Develop lines of communication to discuss/review results of analysis to management via reports/presentations and assist management in implementing programs that provide solutions. Investigate, review, recommend, communicate and implement solutions which identify problems/root cause of issues.
Identify and resolve challenges in order to fulfill key corporate objectives and respond to the demand of change management and initiate actions needed to plan, organize and control team activities.
Independently develop and plan, reports, papers and/or other materials in a clear and concise manner.
Provide expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
Acts as liaison between corporate business areas and participates in group or committee discussions.
Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics or other related field is required. Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- Six (6) or more years experience in related experience, typically in two (2) subject areas (e.g. financial analysis, planning, health care economics, health care policy, statistical modeling, business decisions, analysis, or business management).
- Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal and written skills to communicate complex ideas.
- Excellent knowledge and use of existing software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of data languages such as SAS or SQL.
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment and communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
Senior Health Care Analyst-- RX Pricing Analysis - Individual will serve as lead analyst responsible for Pharmacy customer-specific guarantee and pricing analyses
Prefer individual with strong Pharmacy background who understands the RX market, industry, and benefits
- Requires strong analytical background
- Prefer individual with proven track record in Analytics and in development of pricing/guarantee reports for decision makers
- Oversight of actual RX performance to guarantee analysis
- Demonstrated experience developing reports and databases.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAS, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Prefer individual proficient in Visual Analytics and Sharepoint.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and assume responsibility for meeting strict project deadlines.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in supervisory role preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.