Assistant Designer at Levi Strauss & Co.
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
We believe that clothes - and how you make them - can make a difference.
Since 1853, we've been obsessed with innovation to meet people's needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn't last more than 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace and by remaining true to its values.
We employ thousands of people around the world to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.â¢ and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to innovation, creativity and collaboration. Put simply, if you're looking for a new opportunity, this is a great place to grow your career.
DENIZEN® from Levi's® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.â¢ are the two newest brands in the LS&Co. portfolio. We deliver quality, value, and style for the value-minded consumer. Driving innovative product that honors LS&Co. heritage, authentically crafted with modern performance in ï¬t, fabric, ï¬nish, and style for the on-the-go family.
We are looking for an assistant designer who will bring innovation and creativity to our team. It is important to us this person has the energy and desire to help bring our fashion to the future while maintaining the integrity of our company's past.
The notable responsibilities of the Assistant Designer are:
- Support development of seasonal design platforms and concepts for Women's, Juniors, and Maternity
- Support the creation of seasonal platforms and concepts
- Research the value consumer and market place for product opportunities
- Support development of ï¬t, fabric, ï¬nish, sundries and trim developments
- Meet or exceed the Go-to-Market target dates for the seasonal calendar, assortment plan and source location requirements
- Build effective partnerships with Merchandising and Product Development and Sourcing to ensure products are engineered to proï¬t and quality/aesthetic goals
- Execute direction given by designer to meet global guidelines
- Demonstrate role model behavior and engages as a team player
What the Assistant Designer already has:
- Bachelor's degree in Design is a HUGE plus, however, a combination of college education and related work experience may be used as a substitute
- Minimum 1 years of experience as an assistant designer, responsible and accountable for assisting design and development
- Demonstrated drive, passion and energy to contribute as a team player
- Strong working knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, textiles, ï¬nishing techniques and processes
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
- Expert knowledge and proï¬ciency with MS Ofï¬ce applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Extremely strong customer service orientation and the ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a very fast paced environment and an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills; especially when it comes to working directly with management
- Impeccable communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Must demonstrate an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest inLS&Co.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- EEO STATEMENT
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.-