Neurology Sales Account Manager - San Diego at Lundbeck LLC
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Territory: San Diego
Target cities for territory are San Diego and Southern Orange County, CA - will consider candidates who live within 40 miles of territory boundaries with access to a major airport. Includes: Long Beach, Manifee, Imperial Beach and Calexico.
No other global pharmaceutical company is focused solely on the brain. Lundbeck’s global legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades, and with it comes a tremendous level of expertise, commitment and responsibility to patients. We are radically changing the future, investing in long-term plays in research. As we define tomorrow, there is no question that the here and now is critical to bridge the future. Therefore, we continue to bring forward therapies to address symptomatic improvements to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments in pursuit of a cure.
Lundbeck operates within a unique corporate ownership structure: our company is 70% owned by a foundation established by the wife of our founder to ensure our continued ability to conduct difficult and time-intensive research. The Lundbeck Foundation contributes nearly $100 million to life sciences research each year and an additional 1 million euro for The Brain Prize to advance neuroscience research.As an Account Manager, you will act as the primary customer contact for demand creation by executing sales and marketing strategies in the local market. The Account Manager is considered to be skilled or advanced in their demonstration of account management capabilities and sales proficiencies. In this role you will act as the primary face to our customer base, by providing comprehensive clinical knowledge, while partnering with a cross-functional field team to deploy the approved services necessary to meet the needs of each account/customer.
Strong Account Manager candidates must demonstrate the ability to both drive strong sales performance, as well as to be the local leader of the field-based matrix team that is deployed to service our customers. Specifically, the Account Manager will demonstrate ability in the following areas:
Selling - Understand the core selling process, adapt style, and effectively negotiate to bring value to the customer and close the sale.
Customer Development - Build and maintain productive internal and external relationships (e.g. customers, account contacts, stakeholders and influencers, etc.) based on customer needs and organizational goals.
Local Market Expertise - Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to gather and validate key trends and dynamics in the market, map account linkages including stakeholders that exhibit direct and indirect influence on customer behavior. Utilize market knowledge to uncover and prioritize unique opportunities that will allow for mutual value between Lundbeck and our customers.
Therapeutic Area Knowledge - Ability to apply therapeutic area knowledge to the sale of Lundbeck products and/or to increase effectiveness in role
Reimbursement - Consistently demonstrates the ability to stay informed on reimbursement dynamics, anticipate and communicate impact on product portfolio to key internal and external partners and problem solve payer access issues (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial) through the use of Lundbeck resources.
Business Planning and Execution - Ability to prioritize opportunities, develop strategy & tactics, allocate resources, monitor progress and adjust direction in an effort to maximize sales performance and measure progress against plan. Utilize monthly budget to maximize profitability and return on investment.
Critical Thinking - Ability to understand a situation, issue, or problem by breaking it into smaller components. Ability to collect information, derive inferences, find solutions and make informed decisions and recommendations using data and tools where appropriate
Pharmaceutical Environment - Ability to apply knowledge of pharmaceutical and regulatory environment, including Lundbeck policies and procedures and FDA regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceutical and medical products. Ability to apply knowledge of overall healthcare economy and industry practices.
Compliance – Accountability and adherence to corporate, FDA, and PDMA guidelines
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical, healthcare, medical sales or related experience
- Minimum of 2 years prior promoting and detailing specialty products in the field of CNS/Neuroscience, Autonomic Disorders, Cardiology, Critical Care, Diabetes, Gastrointestinal, Infectious Disease, Hospital, Oncology, Pain Management, Rheumatology
- Must live within 40 miles of territory boundaries
- High energy level and strong work ethic
- Must demonstrate the intellectual capacity to score highly on disease and product training exams, including being certified on product knowledge annually
- Outstanding communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record that meets company requirements
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Meeting and complying with reasonable industry-standard credentialing requirements of healthcare providers / customer facilities is required for continued employment with Lundbeck.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Prior experience promoting and detailing products specific to Epilepsy or Seizure disease states
- Previous Orphan Drug, Specialty Pharmacy or Buy & Bill/Injectable sales experience
- Previous sales experience in: Long Term Care (LTC), Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) and/or Intellectual and Developmental Disability Facilities (IDD)
- Strong leadership with proven selling record as evidenced with top 25% performance 2 of the last 3 years
- Documented successful sales performance, with at least one regional or national award
- Experience with REMS
- Strong analytical background
- Account planning experience, ownership and accountability for the development and execution of a fully integrated account plan that utilizes effective deployment of company resources
- Experience in product launch or expansion within sales
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% - 40% domestically to (a) regularly meet/interact with customer base and internal personnel within assigned territory; and (b) typically attend 4-8 internal/external conferences and meetings spanning locations within the United States. Travel must be able to be completed in a timely manner.
- Overnight travel may be required based on business need and/or geography
See Job Description