Director, Intellectual Property at Lupin, Inc
Posted in Legal 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is the U.S. wholly owned subsidiary of Lupin Limited, which is among the top five pharmaceutical companies in India. Through our sales and marketing headquarters in Baltimore, MD, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is dedicated to delivering high-quality, branded and generic medications trusted by healthcare professionals and patients across geographies.
Lupin Limited, headquartered in Mumbai, India, is strongly research focused. It has a program for developing New Chemical Entities. The company has a state-of-the-art R&D center in Pune and is a leading global player in Anti-TB, Cephalosporins (anti-infectives) and Cardiovascular drugs (ACE-inhibitors and cholesterol reducing agents) and has a notable presence in the areas of diabetes, anti-inflammatory and respiratory therapy.
We are building on our parent company's strengths of vertical integration in discovery research, process chemistry, active pharmaceutical ingredient production, formulation development and regulatory filings. Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to achieving its vision and mission of becoming an innovation led transnational pharmaceutical company.
- The successful candidate will manage patent litigation.
- The candidate’s other duties and responsibilities will also include management of IP due diligence, review of IP agreements, and management of patent prosecution.
- Education of internal research and development teams with regard to company IP policies and the importance of IP.
- Manage IP budget and set priorities for investment in intellectual property.
- The candidate will be located in Baltimore, Maryland or Somerset, New Jersey.
- Travel is required and the candidate should be prepared to regularly travel to the company’s Research and Development facilities in Florida and New Jersey
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school.
- Membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
- Registration to practice before the USPTO.
- Science Degree (Chemistry, Biology or Pharmacy).
- At least 10 years of in-house legal experience and proven track record in IP at a pharmaceutical company.
- Ideal candidate will also have some experience with devices or with engineering.
- Candidate should demonstrate scientific understanding of chemistry and pharmaceuticals and an ability to rapidly acquire and apply new knowledge.
- Experience in patent litigation, both at a law firm and in house.
- Experience with preparation, prosecution and e-filing of U.S. and foreign patent applications.
- Experience in all aspects of IP counseling, including freedom to operate and validity opinions.
- Experience in IP due diligence.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent business judgment related to critical IP issues, and strategic thinking capability.
- Ability to be flexible and provide critical and clear IP advice to internal client groups.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.