Lead Housekeeper at University of Oklahoma
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
FUNCTION: Responsible for supervising a group of housekeeping workers and performing varied housekeeping tasks. Exercises some discretion while following established standards. REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES:
1. Directs and inspects work of housekeeping employees.
2. Supervises housekeeping crews on special jobs such as waxing and window washing.
3.Provides procedure orientation and training for new housekeeping employees.
4. Performs housekeeping tasks in addition to performing minor maintenance and repairs on floor care equipment. Contacts with others are of a routine nature.
5. Relieves housekeepers as needed.
6. Ensures that personnel supervised are informed of and adhere to health and safety practices associated with assigned tasks.
7. Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education: GED/High School Grad or equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 6-12 months housekeeping or custodial experience.
Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
Uses tools or equipment in a manner requiring competence derived from previous training.
Communicates orally and/or in writing as required to exchange information
- Ability to use basic computer skills
- Valid driver's license required: Occasional driving required in order to oversee and support staff in various locations.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
Mopping, sweeping, waxing, and polishing floors.
Cleaning and dusting of furniture and any wood work.
Collection and disposing of wastepaper and refuse.
Vacuuming carpeted areas.
Maintenance of lavatories and rest rooms.
Shoveling of snow from doorways and sidewalks.
Lifting and carrying loads up to 100 pounds.
Prolonged standing and walking.
Excessive use of arms in a back and forth motion.
Excessive stooping and bending.
Exposure to odors.
Exposure to disagreeable tasks or conditions.
Exposure to hazardous chemicals.
May be designated as an "essential position" during emergency closures.
- May be required to remain on campus overnight during weather or other emergencies.
Supervision: Team Leader
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing