Front Desk - UEG at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- As the first point of contact into the office, the receptionist must greet visitors and provide a welcoming environment when visitors arrive
- Be polite, accurate and prompt when answering phones
- Take/pass on messages promptly ensuring accurate information, such as caller’s name, company, and phone number is noted
- Ensure that all calls from prospective clients are forwarded to the appropriate recipient
- Keep reception area neat, clean and organized
- Ensure that office supply room and kitchen are kept neat, orderly and properly stocked (e.g. fill Starbucks coffee maker; load dishwasher; guest refrigerator)
- Purchase flowers or care for reception-area plants
- Ensure current newspapers, magazines and promotional material are displayed
- Receive/sign for incoming deliveries and promptly notify recipient
- Take bookings for conference/meeting rooms; assure rooms are cleaned (Every 2 hours)
- Process incoming and outgoing packages, mail and deliveries
Order in-house catering
- Pick up and sort office mail by recipient
- Assist office management and staff with administrative projects/responsibilities, such as filing, copying, or collating materials
- Compute personal timesheets and expense reports in a timely manner
- Develop a good relationship with staff, IT personnel and building management
- Hours will vary but will be approximately 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- The Receptionist must have at least one-year related customer services experience
- The Receptionist should possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- S/he must exhibit exceptional ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and tact while consistently providing a high level of customer service is critical.
- The Receptionist must have the ability to maintain focus and professionalism while multi-tasking (i.e., operating a multi-line telephone system, assisting callers, visitors, and staff).
- Dependability, reliability, and timeliness in the completion of assignments is required.
- The Receptionist must demonstrate skill and experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the Internet.