Aggregate Production & General Laborer at OMG Midwest, Inc
Posted in Construction 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Comfrey, Minnesota
Job ID: 132033
Southern Minnesota Construction, an Oldcastle Materials Company, has a role in the construction market ranging from building roads and highways as a full service contractor down to servicing private commercial/residential projects. SMC strives to excel in performance, quality, and management. Our corporate background and longtime local presence provides us with all the tools needed to give the owner that extra sense of satisfaction when a project is completed knowing their investment was built to the best standards.
Aggregate Production General Laborer
Oldcastle Materials Group/Central Division
The aggregate production and general laborer position is responsible for assisting with daily production needs of crushing and screen plant. The employee will perform general labor tasks as needed. There will be opportunities for career advancement with this role.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Safety Minded in all aspects of work activities.
- Help perform daily safety checks of all equipment and plant operations.
- Assist in continuous plant improvement through use of performance standards.
- Honest and ethical to all staffing and co-workers.
- Daily communication with plant Supervisor.
- A willingness to learn and also teach others proper job skills in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist with plant and equipment preventive maintenance programs.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Prior experience in the construction industry or aggregates production industry preferred.
- Some computer skills necessary (windows, excel, email).
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Applicant may have to work independently at times.
- Team Orientated.
- Must be able to pass Pre-Employment and Random Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends if needed.
- Experience with electrical systems or PLC’s is helpful.
- Reliable personal vehicle for possible travel to various job-sites as needed.
- Crews work in the general Southern Minnesota area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands, and work at elevated heights.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- Must be able to exert up to 10 lbs. constantly to move objects, 10-25 lbs. of force frequently, and 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Southern Minnesota Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Southern Minnesota Construction is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.