Sr. Sourcing Manager – Continuous Improvement & Innovation at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
We are seeking Senior Sourcing Manager of Continuous Improvement (CI) & Innovation within the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (SS&P) capability team based in Atlanta. The position will report to the newly created Director of Continuous Improvement & Innovation for SS&P, and will coordinate extensively with the Operations, Engineering, and Business teams for assigned Area(s).
The Senior Sourcing Managers will help lead, influence, and coordinate supplier-improvement and innovation projects that impact the manufacturing operations across assigned Area(s). The Managers will be responsible for facilitating CI/innovation projects with Operations, Engineering and Business teams for assigned Area(s) while documenting estimated and actual value created, process efficiencies gained, and results achieved.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in Operations, Engineering, and Sourcing teams that support assigned Area(s); capable of leading through influence, with and through cross-functional teams
- Identify and engage subject matter experts (SMEs) for assigned Area(s), both internally and externally, to facilitate experimentation and/or implementation of project initiatives
- Work with key strategic suppliers and the Sourcing organization within assigned Area(s) to identify and prioritize opportunities, based on new innovations or optimizing value drivers in the cost, service, quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of manufacturing processes/operations
- Benchmark current state processes against proposed alternatives to identify opportunities to close competitive gaps and/or gain competitive advantages
- Challenge stakeholders to evaluate and prioritize value opportunities in timely manner to provide feedback to suppliers and maintain overall program progress.
- Challenge suppliers and teams to identify potential economies of scale across multiple OEMs/suppliers and across multiple GP (and KII) facilities, where applicable
- Analyze, document, and track the progress of identified value opportunities, leveraging available digital technologies (e.g., supplier portal, GP value tracker, online dashboards, advanced analytics, etc.)
- Facilitate automation of business processes/workflows to streamline and accelerate initiatives
- Facilitate training, change management, communications, and supplier forums to support the CI & Innovation program development and enhancement
- Strong manufacturing/operations experience and understanding
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated project/program management experience
- Knowledge of process improvement, CI and/or innovation frameworks and methodologies
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with ability to collect, distill, and analyze data to identify key insights
- Ability to recognize potential issues, identify alternatives, and make recommendations
- Demonstrated team/group facilitation experience – meetings, training sessions, problem solving, etc.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Project management experience
- Must be willing and able to travel approx. 25 - 50%
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, or Manufacturing process-related degree
- Previous experience in a project management or PMO (program management office) role
- Experience in managing process improvement, continuous improvement, or innovation projects/programs, ideally in a manufacturing/operations environment (e.g., Factory of Future, Digital Transformation, etc.)
- Experience as a strategic management, operations, or audit Consultant
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean methodologies
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf