Certified Recovery Support Navigator - Miami, FL at Magellan HRSC, Inc.
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
The Certified Recovery Support Navigator provides non-clinical, evidence-based peer support services, serves as a member advocate, shares coping skills, and provides recovery information for members. The recovery support navigator performs a wide range of tasks to assist with care coordination designed to assist members in regaining control over their own lives through individual recovery planning, wellness self-management, and strengthening resilience to improve personal health outcomes The recovery support navigator will role model competency in recovery, resiliency, and wellness practices.
Will serve as member of care coordination team and will:
• Provide evidence-based peer support and wellness self-management services and supports
• Participate in care coordination activities in collaboration with ICCM, Health Guides, Members, providers, and adjunct support services
• Identify recovery goals to assist members realize improved personal health outcomes through shared decision making and health literacy/education activities
• Create Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP) to assist members identify wellness self-management and relapse prevention strategies
• Provide Peer Support Whole Health and Resiliency support to help Members identify whole health goals and objectives (1:1 and groups) to better address chronic diseases/co-morbid conditions
• Utilize and develop problem solving techniques with individuals
• Assist members in organizing their time to keep appointments and other scheduled contacts with specific providers
• Assist in transitions from different treatment settings
• Share recovery-oriented educational materials
• Provide Outreach and engagement to members who are hard-to-reach and do not keep important follow-up appointments
• Promote community participation/inclusion as a strategy to prevent avoidable hospital admissions
• Document all interactions according to MCC standards
• Travel to meet members within the community
Serve as champion for recovery principles within MCC and the community, and will:
• Be a resource to MCC staff on recovery strategies and tools, such as wellness recovery action plans and peer support whole health.
• Attend and participate in MCC Consumer/Provider Regional meetings.
• Assist the MCC Recovery & Resiliency manager in other recovery and peer support initiatives
• As requested, liaison with peer-run organizations and provider agencies regarding efforts to expand the use of peer specialists and support recovery and wellness-oriented programs.
Candidate must be able to work effectively and prioritize in a fast-paced environment in order to meet the demands of the organization. Candidate must role model competency in recovery, resiliency, and wellness strategies and techniques
General Job Information
TitleRecovery Support Navigator - South Miami, FL
Job FamilyCare Management
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/12/2018
Date Requisition Created1/9/2018
License and Certifications - RequiredCPRS/CPS/CPSS/CRPS/PRSS, Peer Specialist, State Requirements - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Responsibilities- Must be a self-identified current or former user of mental health/substance abuse or co-occurring services who can relate to others who are now using those services.
- Must have a vehicle in good, working condition with the ability to travel within the field regularly (Up to 40% travel within an 50 mile radius)
- Ability to travel to client and sites within a designated area.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Knowledge of local system of services, resiliency and recovery principles and tools, such as wellness recovery action plans, wraparound process, and community-based peer, family and parent support organizations and services.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to represent strengths and needs of consumers in clinical settings; must be able to draw from your own experiences.
- Ability to summarize and document findings in treatment plans.
- Must be able to work effectively and prioritize in a fast-paced environment in order to meet the demands of the organization.
- Understanding of wellness strategies, coping skills and collaborative process.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled