Quality Systems Engineer at Equifax Inc.
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Equifax is a global leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions that provide businesses of all sizes and consumers with insight and information they can trust. Equifax organizes and assimilates data on more than 600 million consumers and 81 million businesses worldwide. The company's significant investments in differentiated data, its expertise in advanced analytics to explore and develop new multi-source data solutions, and its leading-edge proprietary technology enable it to create and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers. Headquartered in Atlanta, Equifax operates or has investments in 19 countries and is a member of Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500® Index. Its common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol EFX. In 2013, Equifax was named a Bloomberg BusinessWeek Top 50 company, was #3 in Fortune's Most Admired list in its category, and was named to InfoWeek 500 as well as the FinTech 100. For more information, please visit www.equifax.com. Equifax is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will work in the Customer Experience team of Global Solutions Delivery (GSD) conducting root cause analyses, mapping/improving processes, providing preventative and corrective actions, and producing solutions / recommendations for how to improve quality across operations. The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for developing and executing on components of the quality management system to help GSD deliver on its promises to customers.
This role offers the opportunity to influence and drive key GSD activities that will change the way Equifax operates. A successful candidate is a skilled problem solver, process disciplined, obsesses over data, and has a track record of using data to influence successful business decisions.
- Develops policies, procedures and methods to measure, evaluate and improve the quality of products and services
- Conducts timely audit or inspections to ensure product quality levels
- Perform internal audits of projects to ensure that fulfillment processes and procedures are adhered to, provide findings and recommendations to management team, and coordinate resolution activities.
- Report on quality performance and related initiatives
- Assumes proactive role in defect trending and analysis, implementing corrective and preventative action plans, and following up on assessing the ongoing effectiveness of implemented mitigation plans
- Ensure that critical processes and procedures are current and well-documented.
- Oversee and participate in process events affecting Fulfillment, including LEAN events, to ensure alignment with existing or new processes.
- Ability to think critically and map complex processes in detail
- Ability to understand/utilize process maps, control charts, and other quality management tools
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop scalable, high impact solutions
- Ability to translate massive data sets into actionable business results
- Ability to explain analysis results to senior stakeholders through verbal and written communications
- Ability to monitor and measure the effectiveness of processes
- Ability to engage with customers as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or a related engineering field
- 3+ years of professional experience in an industrial engineer, quality engineer, or process improvement role
- Experience in business process improvement using Lean/Six Sigma
- Experience with cross-functional teams with respect to implementation of project/program requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information concisely with supporting data
- Ability to communicate with both business and technical teams
- Proven problem solving and project management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Master’s degree is an additional benefit (Business, Engineering, or related field)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a quality engineer role
See Job Description