CAD Development Manager at CompuCom
Posted in Project Management 9 days ago.
Location: Minnetonka, MinnesotaJob Description:
CompuCom is Hiring!
Seeking an experienced CAD DEvelopment Manager in the Minneapolis area.
Manages the CAD team and provides support to new and current project design and/or drafting initiatives. Provides guidance and direction to CAD team to ensure operational and technical excellence. Hires, trains and supervises CAD users in core application skills and standards. Evaluates team members for their technical skills, performance and productivity. Plans, organizes and manages work plans of CAD project team. Identifies opportunities and recommendations for increasing workflow efficiencies. Develops, implements and enforces CAD standards. Sets benchmarks and schedules for project progress by coordinating workflow and balancing workload along with managing project budget. Initiates and maintains contact with clients for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues. Maintains documentation records of generated drawing deliverables. Ensures project documentation and contracts are in compliance with the standards set forth by the Project Documents.
The Manager Level in the Project Management role establishes operational objectives and assignments. Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success. Manages tasks of multiple functions through supervision of costs, methods and staff. Prepares status reports, assures time line compliance, assesses risks and recommends solutions. Provides direction to project team members and appropriate communications to customers. The Manager Level provides executives, customers, and project managers with necessary leadership, assistance, guidance, and advice to ensure good practices in standard methodologies and processes. The Manager is responsible for overseeing the team resources, assisting in budget development, career planning for team members, and input into performance evaluations. The Manager should have an understanding of account operations, P&L management and budget management. Team Lead experience desirable
Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities regularly performed and normally assigned to this position are as follows:
- Safety first in everything we do. Follow safe work practices and company and client worksite policies.
- Lead, plan and setup CAD production.
- Setup and oversee maintenance of CAD design files.
- Implement and enforce CAD standards.
- Organize and maintain CAD Files.
- Coordinate new software implementation with IT Department.
- Provide technical support for CAD Software (Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3d, etc.).
- Develop and oversee QA/QC protocol for CAD Department.
- Review and check project documents and drawings for scope, presentation, and technical accuracy prior to issue.
- Train and support office CAD staff.
- Provide support for plotting and electronic submissions.
- Maintain plotter inventory and supplies.
- Coordinate with print shops/vendors for project submissions.
- Electronically submit projects to internal clients.
- Schedule drawing completion.
- Coordinate customization of CAD Programs.
- Interact on project standards coordination with clients.
- Ensure CAD vendor management.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated attention-to-detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented
- Coaching, collaboration, communication, conflict management, delegation, motivating others, managing performance, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to building relationships promoting teamwork
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while working on a variety of projects.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to determine what is needed to design and complete a project on time.
- Strong organizational skills.
Requires 3-6 years of related work experience, or Bachelor's degree, or technical training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience desired in various types of projects. Project Management education or experience desired.