Foreman - Overhead at Pike Corporation
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Position Summary: The Foreman is a skilled position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical overhead distribution systems. This position works at various locations and may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work.
- Supervises crew members.
- Possesses working knowledge of leadership and management skills.
- Must be capable of leading and training lower skilled employees in safe and productive work procedures.
- Must be capable of leading and teaching hot stick work on energized lines.
- Conducts pre-job or tailgate briefings.
- Possesses a working knowledge of all aspects of line work.
- Stringing overhead wire.
- Setting poles and anchors.
- Installing transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches and switchgear.
- Troubleshoots problems and supervises troubleshooting in primary and secondary systems.
- Replaces cutout fuses and clears faulted circuits and systems.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor.
- Must be able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
- Must be familiar with induced voltage.
- Able to properly sag wire.
- Must be capable of properly phasing a circuit through a substation.
- Must be able to identify and locate puller and tensioner setups.
- Must understand grounding procedures.
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
- Capable of properly installing and removing PPE and cover up.
- Must be able to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.) and possess the necessary tools to do so.
- Must understand how to safely operate equipment.
- Must understand how to phase out a line using phasing sticks.
- Capable of planning safe work based on a job print or work order.
- Understands how to obtain a one shot on a recloser.
- Must be able to safely perform a reconductoring job.
- Willingness to glove/work live high voltage distribution power lines.
- Capable of safely installing and removing mechanical jumpers.
- Understands how to use a load bust tool.
- Able to properly ask for and take line clearances.
- Able to identify and locate puller and tensioner setups.
- Possesses a working knowledge of line protection devices.
- Understands flag and tag procedures.
- Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- 5-year minimum of recent field experience.
- Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Coordinates and inspects the work of crew members.
- Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Able to properly inspect rubber goods and PPE.
- Comply with company reporting procedures and complete required company paperwork.
- Possesses a CDL and demonstrates safe driving.
- Willing to work over-time when requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle, and feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
- Customer Oriented
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies
Pike Electric, LLC is a Non-union Company
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.