Project Engineer - Parsippany, NJ at Tilcon New York, Inc
Posted in Architecture 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: parsippany, New Jersey
Job ID: 129719
“Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and the Oldcastle Materials Group.
The position is an essential function to the ongoing viability of the Company’s operations. The position shall be responsible for ensuring full compliance with local, state, and federal mining permits. The position shall also be responsible for developing and maintaining mine plans for all quarry operations. The position will be responsible for developing, budgeting, proposing, executing, and managing all capital projects for both quarry and asphalt operations. Finally, the position shall assist in developing plans and executing strategy for long term sustainability of operations through land planning, capital planning, and mine planning. The position will work under the direction and guidance of the General Manager of Operations Support, but will need to be self-motivated and work essentially unsupervised.
Roles and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Functions
- Maintain and monitor all current mine permits
- Monitor sites to make sure they are in compliance with local, state, and federal laws related to mine permits
- Regular inspections of each operation
- Report findings of inspections to management
- Propose solutions for any issues found during inspections
- Assist in any capacity required to resolve issues identified during inspections
- Attend any and all relative local council meetings (annual reviews, license hearings, etc.)
- Develop mine plans for all quarries
- Use OMG mine plan guidelines to create 1 year, 5 year, 30 year, and reclamation plans
- Meet with quarry managers monthly to review progress towards mine plan. Update accordingly.
- Create and maintain mine plan manuals for each site
- Develop capital plans for all operations (asphalt, recycle, quarry)
- Communicate with operation’s managers, LOB leaders, and senior management to determine 1-5 year capital project requirements of each operation
- Develop budgets and work with sourcing to obtain best pricing for projects
- Write and present justification to senior leadership of proposed capital projects
- Execute and manage projects to completion
- Assist in long term sustainability and strategic projects in a support role and engineering capacity
- Track and manage all work/projects in Asana
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
Marginal Duties and Functions
- Additional duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- BS. in Mine, Civil, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’’ aggregate or mining industry experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as part of a project team
- Field or frontline management experience in Asphalt, quarry, and recycle production
- Project Management experience and/or certification
- Experience in permit application and obtaining local, state, and federal approval
- Land design experience
- Crushing Plant design experience
- Acute knowledge of all equipment used in the manufacturing of products associated with the industry
- Strict adherence to Tilcon policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures
- Work a temporary, alternative schedule as needed
- Ability to travel to various job sites several times a week
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Work overtime and be available for emergency overtime when the need arises. This may include occasional weekend hours
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, the general public, and regulatory authorities at all times.
- Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Asana, and internet based applications
- High proficiency in AutoCad and Carlson Mining Software
- High proficiency in distilling complex information down into simple, easy to understand, executive summaries
- High proficiency and comfort in verbal communication to senior leadership
- Ability to read and interpret engineered drawings and reports
- Ability to read, analyze, and apply federal, state, and local statutes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the legal and regulatory community.
- Ability to write reports and respond to inquiries from parties within the internal and external environments.
- Works well independently and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to self-prioritize, self-manage, and self-determine one’s own workload
- Manage a project team and direct priority and workload of said team
- Deals with ambiguity by collaborating with people of all backgrounds and disciplines in order to make the best possible decisions
- Able to work independently and in a team environment to utilize the skills of multiple people with multiple disciplines to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job will require both office work and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet.
- Safety, Integrity, Quality - Formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of OMG and Tilcon’s core values.
- Attracts Top Talent - Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Develops Talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Tilicon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Tilicon New York Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.