Production Operator - Floater, Night Shift at Land O'Lakes
Posted in Manufacturing 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Melrose, Minnesota
Land O'Lakes growth relies on hiring extraordinary, diverse talent. Our Supply Chain & Operations team provides strategic leadership across the company’s many business units. The team plays a significant role in fueling revenue growth and profitability through operational excellence, quality, and process improvement. Our end-to-end Supply Chain organization includes engineering, manufacturing, procurement, planning and logistics, warehousing and transportation, customer service, and quality and safety. Unlock your greatest potential with the opportunity to make a difference, drive results, and develop a rewarding career.
Job Posting Title:Production Operator - Floater, Night Shift
This role is at a Dairy Foods manufacturing facility for Land O’Lakes, creating dairy products that stand for real, simple goodness. We believe there’s power in every drop of milk our farmers produce, and by improving production and finding innovative uses for that milk, we add a little good to people’s lives.
The Production Operator is the front-line employee who performs the manufacturing processes that add value and quality to the inputs and create the final high-quality final products. There are a variety of sub-classifications within the Operator job family that could range in specific duties from receiving and handling the raw materials, adding value through a variety of proprietary processes, to packaging the final product. In all stages of production safety, attention to detail, a quality and sanitation focus, and efficiency are key to the success of the operation.
*Night Shift (5pm - 5:30am)
*Rotating scheduled days off; required to work every other weekend
*Overtime required for this role
* High School Diploma or GED
*2+ years of manufacturing experience preferred
*Prior high speed, high tech manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and write effectively in English
- Ability to contribute in a team work environment
- Ability to perform basic math equations
- Ability to utilize computers & software programs proficiently
- Ability to communicate effectively to ensure product flow to next work station
- Ability to perform problem solving skills, apply creative thinking, use resources, and make effective decisions
- Ability to effectively plan and organize
- Ability to contribute to a safe and organized work environment
- Ability to work variable shifts, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position outlined in the Physical Demands Analysis (PDA)
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to change as the organization continues to improve processes
- Ability to draw conclusions based on analysis of data from multiple sources
- Maintain prompt and regular job attendance
JOB DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Complete all functions and duties outlined in job descriptions for positions that this relief position will backfill, including Auto-Salter, Closer, Hanger, Sealer, Intake, and AM Barrels.
- Performance of job duties may include any one or more operator roles as needed on the assigned team/shift
- Able to perform all aspects (e.g. start-up shutdown, disassembly, operation, CIP, etc) of more than one job in the facility.
- Generate accurate, complete records & documentation
- Perform master sanitation duties as designated for the assigned job.
- Follow all sanitation and quality SOP’s to ensure all equipment is clean and ready for production.
- LEAN Manufacturing – Contribute to a continuous improvement environment by participating in activities to include line side problem solving.
- Participate in 5S program to contribute to a safe and organized work environment.
- Ensure accuracy and timely completion of all department paperwork
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP guidelines and LQMS requirements
- Actively contribute to a behavioral based safety culture by completing a minimum of one behavioral observation (BOS) per month.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of machine operations and overall production process
- Other duties as assigned by Shift Lead or Production Manager
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
At times, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the hiring manager.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
To all the big thinkers, leaders, future leaders, change makers, hard workers & everyone with a passion for doing something meaningful—we want you on our team.
If you have questions, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O'Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy