Maintenance Reliability Engineer * (Decatur, AL) at 3M
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Decatur, Alabama
3M is seeking a Maintenance Reliability Engineer for the Chemical Plant located in Decatur, AL. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Maintenance Reliability Engineer will identify and drive mechanical and electrical reliability improvements supporting the Chemical Plant located in Decatur, AL. This person will be responsible to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant and business operations. As a key contributor to our reliability efforts, this position will outline a comprehensive and analytical approach to predict, prevent, eliminate or reduce equipment failures through application of current reliability techniques. This Reliability Engineer will track the production losses and abnormally high maintenance costs then find ways to reduce those losses and high costs. This Reliability Engineer will be asked to manage risk to the achievement of our strategic vision/objectives in the areas of environmental health and safety, quality, service and cost.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform failure mode and effect analysis to assure the proper Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) programs are implemented, audited and improved on all existing and future assets
- Application and Support of all Lean programs with specific emphasis on each component of Total Productive Maintenance to drive continuous improvement
- Assess & develop capability of Multi-Craft Maintenance personnel on their role in reliability improvement and to advance their technical capabilities
- Analyze data (failure, cost, uptime, etc.) using appropriate reliability analysis tools to develop & implement improvement plans
- Serve as the equipment reliability Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the business and lead reliability improvement teams
- Provide leadership support for Maintenance Conscious Engineering strategies
- Perform & document equipment criticality analysis in support of an effective critical spares strategy
- Manage the mechanical integrity program for the business
- Participate in the Management of Change process to optimize the reliability of new equipment or processes
- Submit recommendations and justification for capital expenditures that support and improve the Reliability Program
- Provide an external awareness of methods and technologies that advance our own internal body of knowledge for the improvement of our operations reliability
- Serve as a leader and example for behavior and performance to all employees
- Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of Maintenance Reliability Experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of Maintenance Reliability Experience in a private, public, government or military environment
Location: Decatur, AL
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
See job description.