Chief Engineer and Architect - Server and Storage Platforms at Flex
Posted in Engineering 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
The Chief Engineer and Architect – Server / Storage Platforms will be based in Austin, TX. The Chief Engineer interfaces with multiple stakeholders to understand requirements, domain, viable technology, and development activities for one or more server/storage engineering projects. Tasks include, but are not limited to, front-end communications with customers regarding requirements and solutions, analysis and definition of system design alternatives, and daily technical guidance of engineering activities within the team. The Chief Engineer must understand all aspects of a system development activity, including hardware design, software design, test procedures, and regulatory requirements. For design activities, the Chief Engineer must be capable of creation and analysis of multiple design alternatives, assessing such alternatives based on given or self-defined criteria, and selecting the most suitable options to refine to a final design. This is an important senior role, and an opportunity to work on new and exciting innovations while collaborating with leading-edge technology partners.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Technical expertise engaging key strategic partners in hardware & software space that are aligned with product roadmap
- Collaborate with Marketing to understand customer & market demands/requirements
- Attend technology updates from vendors and customers
- Advise senior management on direction for technology leadership
- Develop software and hardware architectures for CEC data-center products that are aligned with market requirement documents
- Support Sales, Account Management, and Product Marketing to secure design wins
- Build relationships with supplier, customer, and industry technology/architecture teams to drive future systems architecture
- Support product marketing to develop product requirement documents
- Support Program Management to drive the development efforts through the Flex Product Life Cycle process
- Identify required resources (internal and external) with the relevant skills to execute the development
- Leads the technical gate reviews per the FPLC process without compromising quality
- Creates and owns the Engineering Requirements Document and the Technical Product Specifications with support from system engineering teams
- Partner closely with supply chain, product marketing, and business development to create an ecosystem of complementary supply chain services and solutions
- Mentor and advise development teams members
- Leadership for technical aspects of product development across all engineering from conception to release.
- Create high-level architecture diagrams for Systems Engineering team to do a detailed implementation.
- Drive decisions on major technology selection
- Lead design teams with the major component selection and interconnect architectures.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- 10 years industry experience serving as a technical lead for a program providing full lifecycle support from product conception to manufacturing.
- Specialized experience with data center server & storage hardware design and development.
- Proven system architecture and development experience, including electrical, mechanical, and software/firmware design.
- Design experience with server, storage, and/or data communication equipment.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise computing software, including system management standards and solutions.
- In-depth understanding of Intel chipsets and processors.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Masters (preferred) or Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryDesign, Process & Technology EngineeringFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.