Value Chain Excellence Manager at Lonza Inc.
Posted in Management 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Allendale, New Jersey
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
Improve the Consumer Product Ingredients (CPI) business unit delivery and inventory performance through daily management. Leverage the corporate S&OP team, sales, product management, manufacturing and regional planning to accelerate those improvements and execute the CPI Supply & Value Chain Strategies.
In conjunction with corporate S&OP and regional planning:
- Implement supply chain strategies to meet customer delivery requirements as well as appropriate KPIs to monitor and track supply chain performance.
- Participate in monthly Sales and Operations Planning to develop supply plans.
- Facilitate resolution of supply demand imbalances within the twelve-month planning window.
- Develop & maintain a dashboard for the CPI business leadership team.
- Manage CPI reporting around delivery and inventory performance (i.e. OTIF, SMOG) Own CPI master data in SAP to insure accuracy (i.e. lead times, new product set-up).
Drive improvement in the global CPI delivery performance by minimizing daily supply disruptions with the regional and manufacturing planning teams. Resolve all disruptions with the minimum impact to customers.
Develop and implement inventory optimization and SMOG reduction program to meet Lonza NWC target while maintaining service levels.
Support the monthly forecasting process and demand review with the CPI sales and product management teams to deliver an accurate 18 month forecast to the corporate S&OP team, finance, & operations.
Contribute to the development of the Value Chain Team Strategic Plan. Harmonize regional product needs with global strategy and product line strategy working with Global Strategic Marketing and Global Product Management.
- Bachelor’s degree; Preferred area of study: Business Administration or Supply Chain
- 10+ years of experience working in production/manufacturing, production planning and supply chain
- APICS – CSCP, CPIM preferred
- Strong understanding of production utilization , and inventory controls and VC Strategy
- Must have experience using SAP, SAP BW, and Microsoft products. Ability to use statistical software (i.e. Minitab) is a plus. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are a bonus
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, customer relationship, presentation, time management and organizational and written and oral communication skills
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.