NARM-Electrician Technician Zero Experience at Peabody Energy
Posted in Manufacturing 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wright, Wyoming
Currently Recruiting for: NARM-Electrician Technician Zero Experience
Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) is the world’s largest private-sector coal company and a global leader in sustainable mining and clean coal solutions. The company serves metallurgical and thermal coal customers in nearly 30 countries on six continents. Peabody’s global platform reaches six continents and creates a strategic advantage. The company has approximately 9 billion tons of proven and probable coal reserves and owns, through its subsidiaries, majority interests in 28 coal operations located throughout all major U.S. coal-producing regions and in Australia.
Peabody markets, brokers and trades coal in the world’s fastest-growing economies. Peabody has trading and business offices in China, Australia, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Indonesia, Germany, Mongolia, India and the United States. Other energy-related commercial initiatives include the development of supercritical generation, the management of vast coal reserves, and Btu Conversion technologies to transform coal to natural gas and transportation fuels.
Peabody marked many notable accomplishments in 2012:
- Employees achieved the best safety performance in Peabody’s history, including record results in Australia and a U.S. incidence rate that is 66 percent better than the industry average;
- Peabody shipped record U.S. export volumes, and continued to advance rail and port strategies to reach the growing seaborne coal market; and
- Peabody earned more than 35 awards for safety, environmental and corporate excellence, including the Platts Global Energy Award for Coal Commodity Excellence, two of the U.S. Department of the Interior’s highest environmental honors, recognition for the company’s acquisition from the finance sector and a Top 200 Company designation from Better Investing.
Peabody is committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
Peabody strives to achieve its mission by providing our employees with an empowered, collaborative work environment based on mutual trust and respect that emphasizes safe working conditions, rewards continuous improvement, innovation and creativity, and provides opportunities for job satisfaction and career advancement.
If you thrive in an environment that encourages innovation, collaboration, teamwork, problem-solving and customer satisfaction, consider a career with Peabody.
Safely and efficiently maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all equipment required for mining and plant operations. Includes welding and mechanical task as required and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must work safely and promote the safe behavior in others
- Completion of two (2) years vocational school or an Associates degree in Industrial Electrical
- Letter of reference from a professor in your area of education that must include information about your personal safety, meeting deadlines, and attendance
- Proof of your Grade Point Average
- Able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- Other duties as assigned by the company
- One (1) year of work experience to include internships in mining or heavy industrial industry
- MSHA certification preferred
- Prefer experience in: design, installation, trouble-shooting, and repairing electronic systems and circuits
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Reach, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls with hands and arms, legs and feet
- Stand, walk; sit; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, crawl, and climb ladders/steps
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds for a minimal distance
- Talk to, communicate with and hear others
- See (vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus)
- Ability to maintain mental focus and concentration
- Perform all duties day and night, on all surfaces and in all weather conditions
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works:
- In outside weather conditions
- Near moving mechanical parts
- May be exposed to dusty, wet and/or humid conditions and vibration
- Occasionally works at heights and may be occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Note: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals are required to apply online at www.peabodyenergy.com to be considered for a specific opening.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer.
- The company may require a pre-employment examination by competent professionals to evaluate a person’s ability to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates for employment are subject to the company’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Program, including pre-employment, for cause, post-accident and random testing.
- Peabody Energy actively promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
- Peabody only accepts resumes for positions posted on the Peabody Career Info site.
- Peabody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition, it is Peabody's policy not to discriminate in hiring practices on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status or sexual orientation.