Chief Engineer – Platform Design Validation at Flex
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milpitas, California
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
The Chief Engineer – Platform Design Validation will be based in Austin, TX or Milpitas, CA. The Chief Engineer has overall technical responsibility for the validation of hardware and software features for Cloud and Communications Solutions (CCS) networking, server, and storage data center products designed at Flex. The Chief Engineer interfaces with multiple stakeholders to understand customer use cases, platform hardware and software requirements, and underlying technologies for multiple engineering projects and customers. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Front-end communications with customers, product management, and system architects regarding requirements and system architecture;
- Identify complexities in advanced architectures and features that drive development of new methods to achieve comprehensive functional and electrical tests;
- Analysis and definition of platform validation processes, tools, and test coverage that assure high quality is achieved prior to production release;
- Technical guidance of engineering validation activities across design centers in the US, Asia, and Europe.
The Chief Engineer must understand all aspects of a system development activity, including hardware design, software design, test procedures, and regulatory requirements. This is an important senior role, and an opportunity to work on new and exciting innovations while collaborating with leading-edge technology partners.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Technical expertise engaging key strategic partners in hardware & software space that are aligned with product roadmap
- Collaborate with Marketing to understand customer & market demands/requirements
- Attend technology updates from vendors and customers
- Advise senior management on direction for technology leadership
- Develop software and hardware validation technologies and processes for CCS data-center products
- Support Sales, Account Management, and Product Marketing to secure design wins
- Build relationships with supplier, customer, and industry technology/architecture teams
- Support Program Management to drive the development efforts through the Flex Product Life Cycle process
- Identify required resources (internal and external) with the relevant skills to execute the development
- Support the technical gate reviews per the FPLC process with a focus on quality assurance
- Creates and owns the Validation Requirements Document with support from system engineering teams
- Mentor and advise development teams members
- Leadership for technical aspects of product validation across all engineering from conception to release
- Support design teams with major component selection and interconnect architectures.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- 10+ year’s industry experience serving as a technical lead for a program providing full validation support from product conception to manufacturing.
- Direct experience and ownership of validation of data center products that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Specialized experience with data center networking hardware design and development.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise computing software: including BIOS, system management, OS, and driver standards and solutions.
- In-depth understanding of x86 and networking chipsets and processors.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Masters (preferred) or Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryDesign, Process & Technology EngineeringFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.