Assistant Account Executive - Corporate at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
As an entry-level account position, the Assistant Account Executive (AAE) learns the fundamentals of client service excellence and Communications Marketing programming. S/he builds trust with external clients and colleagues by consistently demonstrating operational knowledge, value-adding ideas and professionalism. S/he understands the roles of other parts of the firm in delivering work efficiently.
Expected competencies include:
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Communications Marketing industry and the basic principles of integrated Communications Marketing
- Understands key client information including business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Provides client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling media and competitor coverage, coordinating press tour pitching, scheduling and logistics
- Researches, outlines, writes, edits and proofreads materials, including media advisories, pitch letters/emails, biographies, reports and fact sheets
- Assists with research including analysis of media coverage and online conversations
- Uses media list building tools and clipping services
- Coordinates projects and events including inviting media, preparing press kits, attending events and preparing reports
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of current social media tools
- Builds a network of traditional and online media contacts
- Provides administrative support for team
- Records and submits time, expenses and POs to the right project codes on a timely basis
- Notifies supervisor of any potential cost overruns
- Follows all Edelman financial policies and procedures
- Participates in the new business process, including research, audits and proposal prep
- Understands account budget parameters and over-servicing
This is an entry-level account position. An assistant account executive should have previous internship experience in Communications Marketing and/or related fields, including research, advertising, management consulting, media or publishing
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and written and oral communications skills
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, deadlines and assignments
- Solid knowledge of the MS Office suite
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and the ability to provide quality work to clients and teams
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fifth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency. Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.