Product Manager - Digital Engineering at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
At Cognizant Digital Engineering, we ideate and develop innovative software solutions with our clients. Our software development approach follows a Lean-Agile process with DevOps culture. Working in Cognizant Digital Engineering is fast paced and exhilarating.
At Cognizant Digital Engineering, we believe that a small cross functional team made up of a Product Manager, an Architect, pairs of Developers, and the necessary domain experts like UI/UX designers or Big Data Analysts, can build software faster and with higher quality than having independently working silos of skills. A small team can also build empathy for each other, increasing their ability to react to change coming from either the client, external market realities, or from the end user as we consistently execute through build-measure-learn cycles.
We are looking for Product Managers (PM’s) who will help bring our vision to life; someone who is flexible, curious, detailed and human-centered in their approach. The PM role is part leadership, project oversight, client management, and a thought-leader within a creative, fast-paced, and rapidly-changing environment. The PM will be client focused billable consultant driving product development in the lab or traveling to client locations.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating products that make a difference for our clients. You have strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, are technically fluent and have a good understanding of common product design patterns. You enjoy working collaboratively with designers and engineers in our labs or client locations. You’re passionate about your product management, and enjoy helping others mature as seasoned product managers. You are comfortable with ambiguity and moving forward with imperfect information. You excel at leading without authority, effectively aligning team members as well as client stakeholders and executives around a shared set of objectives to progress the goal of shipping a product that delights its users. You judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our clients.
- Expertise and ability to promote DevOps, Agile and Lean culture and practice to transform product management and software development within the group and with clients
- Experience and ability to define and develop new cloud-native products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on Cloud Foundry
- Experience in defining and delivering cloud based products on at least one of leading cloud environments Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMware, or OpenStack
- Experience shipping successful products, including defining vision, strategy, outcome-driven product roadmaps and creating and managing backlogs
- Experience articulating and validating product hypotheses
- Deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities
- Demonstrated ability to define and track KPIs and other measurable success criteria
- Experience closely collaborating with engineers and designers as part of small co-located teams
- Demonstrated ability to get things done in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt your communication style for the audience
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in different contexts
- Interest in coaching others
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making in a workshop context
- Ability to quickly understand a specific client domain and identify the trends and opportunities in that space
- Experience working directly with clients and leading projects
- Interest in coaching others; experience mentoring other PMs is a plus
- Experience leading or supporting user research
- Experience working with or inside enterprise scale organizations a plus
- Experience as a designer or engineer a plus
- Flexibility to commute to the local Cognizant Labs, and to client premises
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.