Material Handling Associate - Midway, TN at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Midway, Tennessee
Job ID: 132041
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Material Handling Associate assists a partner in moving aluminum extrusions to process in the specific department. This may include: stacking, removing from storage racks, racking/unracking individual pieces, packing parts or moving of bundled boxes for shipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling of metal according to the standardized process by the assigned department
- Ensure quality in the process including verification of the part, quantities, quality, finish, and the correct length of the metal
- Pushing/moving of buggies of metal
- Assist with general departmental housekeeping
- Comply with Company and Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
- Must be able to work night shift (6p-6a), every other weekend, two-week rotation 36/48 hours
- Teamwork is essential, must be able to work cooperatively with a partner
- Must be able to maintain departmental production and quality standards
- Must be able to read and write legibly
- Must be able to follow verbal and basic written instructions
- Must be able to communicate well with peers and management
- Must be able to make simple mathematical calculations
- Must have the ability to understand die prints and verify part identification
- Must have the ability to learn to recognize metal quality as related to finish or metal itself
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must be able to perform quality work independently with little supervision
- Must be willing to perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or lead
- Must be able to constantly stand for an entire shift with frequent walking
- Must have good hand dexterity, the ability to use both hands for frequent to constant gripping and moving material
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to continuously perform a two-person lift of up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally perform a four-person lift of up to 180 pounds
- Must be able to constantly move material (push/pull/lift/carry) two-person lift of 10-50 pounds; frequently 50-100 and occasionally over 100 pounds as a two-person lift (shared weight)
- Must be able to reach and grasp continuously
- Must be able to occasionally push buggies with the assistance of co-workers moving up to 3000 pounds on a wheeled buggy
- Must be able to occasionally bend & kneel and turn/twist upper body
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 15 feet
- Must be able to frequently grasp material while lifting overhead or squatting (14” to 78” from ground level) with one hand and attaching to rack/bar with the other
- Must be able to determine and distinguish shades of color for quality verification
- The manufacturing facility is subject to the same general climate conditions as outdoors (heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
- Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present in the atmosphere and may create some odors in the plant
- Oldcastle, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls, and PPE
- While some chemical may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and TOSHA, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous program
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.