Senior Vice President Media Strategist at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Management 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
The SVP, Media Strategist must possess a broad understanding of all facets of multi-channel earned media and communications marketing, retain high level media contacts among a variety of reporters, editors, producers, bloggers, etc., have moderate to advanced storytelling understanding and capabilities, and bring a strong background of pitching and winning new business. S/he must demonstrate that they have kept modern, and aspire to be a thought leader on the overall multi-channel media environment ? from new social platforms to legacy media, and be able to articulate the value of leveraging all assets to a client?s business and communications objectives. The SVP should have a demonstrated history of taking action to provide high-level strategic counsel, creative programs, quality outcomes and superior customer service to clients. S/he should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, have a strong sense of visual/content communications, and know where these assets can be distributed. S/he must have the ability to assess and understand complex situations, achieve productivity at a fast pace and quickly distill the information for both the client and media. In addition, he/she must be team focused and demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Must have the ability to assess and understand complex situations and quickly distill the information for both the client and media. In addition, s/he must be team-focused and demonstrate strong leadership qualitie
- A long-standing track record of developing and executing successful media relations programs with an agency or as an industry practitioner is critical
- Serve as client?s lead media contact and act as day-to-day contact when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Excellent track record of developing and executing profitable communications campaigns that meet and exceed client benchmarks and KPIs
- Provide strategic counsel, guidance and leadership to staff, supervising several staff members, and ensuring the team's success by managing work quality and productivity levels
- Proven leadership skills including superb people management skills
- Understand the role of more junior staff and step in to assist as needed
- S/he should be able to attract, motivate, empower, coach and retain staff
- Demonstrate mastery in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional, social and digital multi-channel media outreach plans and goals; manage multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion
- Make measurable contributions to the agency?s new business programs including developing prospecting opportunities and participating in new business presentations; assist account teams on creating/writing and presenting media portion of proposals
- Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations
- Build relationships with third-party influencers, vendors and internal business partners to meet client needs
- Experience managing product launches and other regulatory milestone events, FDA Advisory Committee meetings, data presentations or publications, licensing/acquisition/collaboration announcements, unbranded campaigns, executive visibility programs, issues-related media events, desk-side briefings, etc.
Basic QualificationsAt least 10 years in earned media work; and at least 5 years managing a group of 3 or more employees
- S/he must be able to demonstrate excellent storytelling skills, and provide sound media counsel with all levels of client contacts and stakeholders
- This position requires proven management and leadership skills as well as a proven track record of executing large scale campaigns at the strategic and tactical level
- S/he must have strong contacts and working relationships with local and national news media, understanding of basic television production and video terminology. Previous experience with agency and/or media outlet is preferred
- Ability to write strategic media plans and a variety of media materials with limited oversight
- Experience managing product launches, celebrity campaigns, milestone announcements, media events, participate in desk-side briefings, etc.
- High awareness of current events
- Knowledge of content and production facilities/services
- Expert in measuring impact and digitization
- Expert on satellite usage in media capabilities
- Proven ability to explain technical portion to client in an easy manner
- Expert in knowledge of TV, radio, print, and online media
- S/he must possess a broad understanding of all facets of media relations and marketing communications, a strong background of pitching and winning new business
- The candidate should have a demonstrated history of providing high-level, strategic counsel; creative programs; quality outcomes, and superior customer service to clients
- Working knowledge of traditional, online and social media platforms
- An advanced degree is a plus