Sr Tableau Developer at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Illumina is looking to add a new Tableau developer to our rapidly growing team in sales and financial analytics. This person will work closely with various functional teams to translate business requirements into optimized reporting systems and design/ develop appropriate dimensional modeling and presentation layers.
The candidate will collaborate closely with technical and functional experts to migrate existing tableau dashboards from an existing data warehouse to our new SAP Hana-based warehouse, execute enhancements and create new dashboards. The Developer will also work closely with the Data Architect to ensure quality output in the Dashboards.
- Create interactive Stories, dashboards and visualizations leveraging Tableau.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and analyze user requirements.
- Build required data extracts required for solutions.
- Create functional and technical documentation related to Business Intelligence solutions.
- Deliver transformative solutions that are aligned to industry best practices and provide thought leadership in data space.
- Two plus years of continuous, focused experience in the build, customizing and publishing of Tableau interactive reports, visualizations, dashboards and stories.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, including ability to write complex queries and stored procedures, triggers, and analytic functions, plus performance and scalability tuning and optimization.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related field.
- Four plus years of progressive post-college experience in Business Intelligence or Information Management.
- Experience with various software delivery methodologies and specifically Agile/Scrum.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practice.
- Working knowledge of Python, and/or R.
- Familiarity with SQL server, postgreSql, mySQL, noSQL technologies.
- Knowledge of SAP HANA a plus.
- Certifications are a plus.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone.
- Highly self-motivated to deliver both independently and with strong team collaboration.
- Enthusiasm to grow a deep skill set in Tableau and be on a path toward certifications.
- Desire to work in an information systems environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in supporting Operations and/or Sales functional reporting
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf