Posted in Maintenance-Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: CANTON, Ohio
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
This position is responsible for supervising the hourly mechanics, as well as hourly work force planning, organizing, directing and controlling the operations of material movement maintenance, material storage, and delivery needs for the continuous rotating crew operations of the Gambrinus, Harrison, and Faircrest Steel Plants. Coordinate personnel issues such as crew scheduling, department safety, training needs and human resource issues such as discipline, vacation coverage and medical problems. The incumbent will cooperate with maintenance personnel to reduce equipment cost and provide reliable equipment for all TMST users. This position will continually work to improve service, equipment reliability and reduce associated cost of service while maintaining safety as a top priority. Required to work overtime, rotating shifts/ schedules, or weekends as per business needs.
- Maintenance and Repair Standards: Assist in the development of mobile equipment maintenance, locomotive maintenance and repair, maintenance and lubrication standards to be synonymous with the quality of machine performance.
- Diagnostic and Repair Procedures: Monitor and assist in the development of routine and field service practices. Analyze and compare procedures with results attained to develop effective routines. Continuous improvement of maintenance procedures and routines
- Control Failures: Control rashes of similar failures by checking to determine cause, check maintenance procedure to determine if the procedure is being followed correctly. Reduce and eliminate similar failures through systematic diagnosis.
- Preventative Maintenance: Reduce downtimes, extend equipment life. Scheduling equipment for service, controlling maintenance histories without significantly disrupting the operational procedures requirements of the equipment.
- Equipment Component Analysis: Develop equipment component analysis files. Inventory taken of mobile equipment components, with serviceable items determined, serviceable frequency determined, and routine replacement items determined.
- Safety, Housekeeping and Environmental: Administer the safety rules. Have a working knowledge of all safety principles and a specific knowledge of the safety rules applicable to the department. Ensure associates maintain and wear all required PPE. Make personal contacts and direct the activities of employees. Instruct employees of the safety rules. Train new employees and alert employees unfamiliar with and working in the area. Develop and maintain a clean, well- ventilated and well-lit maintenance facility resulting in increased efficiency as well as safety. Prevent accidents; enforce the rules; strictly and uniformly. Maintain an environmentally correct workplace by enforcing all company and plant rules and policies.
- Training and Education - Mobile Equipment Mechanics: Effectively utilize all training and education programs provided by the Company and available from Outside sources. Identify problems of inoperative mobile equipment due to systems or parts failures and prescribe necessary corrective action. Develop and prescribe "action plans" with manpower and equipment available to respond to road calls or field service. "Target" problems with methods, equipment, and personnel with specific direction to (off-shift) maintenance supervisors. Assist in the development of in-house capabilities to fit our needs. Schedule mechanic work force on both a regular and overtime basis. Assist in the placement and location assignment of personnel to most effectively utilize their abilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.