Production Worker - Seamer - Battle Ground, WA at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
Job ID: 132043
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
This position requires that material including glass be moved from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the glass/object throughout the plant. The Seamer's job is to ensure that all glass edges are properly seamed on all sides. Other duties of the job are to ensure the surrounding area and equipment are clean, inspecting and adjusting tension belts on the seaming table, operating air controls, and making sure to notify the supervisor and maintenance of any equipment or product issues. You will also be responsible for following standard operating procedures and ensuring all safety procedures are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport of materials including glass from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the production process
On/off-loading of the product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours, daily
Properly seam edges of various types of glass
Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
Maintain the seaming table and keeping the seaming area clean
Vacuum and check/empty the dust collector
Inspect seaming belts, release tension on belts, remove and replace belts as needed
Operate air controls for the seaming table
Identifying mechanical problems with the seaming table, communicating with supervisors and work with maintenance to oversee preventative maintenance and repairs
- Inspect product for any abnormalities due to manufacturing defects, handling damage, or bad edges and notify supervisor immediately of any issues
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Flexible availability including the ability to switch starting times and/or overtime and weekends when necessary
- At least 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and use a tape measure
- Understand units of measurement and be able to perform general mathematical equations
- Read, understand and communicate paperwork and labels
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Prior experience working in glass manufacturing industry highly desirable
- Ability to lift, bend, twist, walk, and reach frequently
- Ability to stand on concrete wearing safety boots for an entire shift
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs. unassisted and 150 lbs with a partner many times in a regular work shift
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.