HSE Business Intelligence Analyst Sr. at XPO Logistics Freight, Inc.
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance, and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Senior Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Business Intelligence Analyst, you will proactively pursue opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives related to the prevention of accidents and injuries. You’ll support testing and troubleshooting for the IT systems and databases that capture critical safety data; utilize multiple platforms to conduct in-depth analysis of safety event demographics and inputs for process improvements; drive the design of new dashboards, reports, and scorecards to measure key performance indicators and drivers; prepare the safety dashboards of key safety metrics for the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) management team; and present strategic safety recommendations to management based on data analysis. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity and a better lifestyle, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Utilize multiple platforms to conduct in-depth analyses of safety event demographics and safety inputs to enable data-driven decision making; provide recommendations for continuous improvement of performance metrics and safety culture
- Develop and present strategic recommendations based on data analysis; update senior leaders
- Prepare weekly and monthly safety dashboard of key leading metrics for cascading to the business and senior leadership
- Contribute to the support, troubleshooting, and testing efforts for the critical safety and IT systems and databases supporting XPO’s administrative business processes for accident and injury prevention
- Provide customer service to Safety Team members through ad hoc data analysis with recommendations for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with business process owners to gather, interpret, and troubleshoot different pieces of data to improve the technology-enabled critical business processes supporting XPO’s safety culture
- Drive the design and building of new reports, scorecards, and dashboards to measure key performance indicators and drivers
- Demonstrate business acumen and utilize research from the LTL industry to create new metrics to positively influence a zero-incident culture
- Facilitate collaborative relationships and teamwork between functional work groups; provide reporting and analytical support as needed to functional groups within LTL and Corporate
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related field; or 10 or more years of industry experience in data analytics
- Experience with project management techniques and tools such as Primavera or MS Project
- Experience producing data visualizations and presenting data analysis findings in written or verbal formats
- Proven experience working with R, Python, Java, SSRS, Tableau, D3, or SQL macro formulation
- Proven experience working with complex data sets across multiple lines of business to develop relational databases to drive organizational strategy
- Experience working in Oracle, Intranet applications, and NetSuite
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Visio, and Access skills
It’d be great if you also have:
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision to achieve assigned goals and objectives
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Proven analytical and reporting skills; a clear understanding of data warehouse and business concepts
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.