Director, Actuary – Modeling Center of Excellence Research & Testing for Annuities at Prudential
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
The Modeling Center of Excellence (“COE”) is responsible for the governance, development and testing of the valuation and projection end-to-end models within the domestic lines of Prudential businesses. The Research & Testing team within the Modeling COE is responsible for research of user modeling needs, proof of concept development, and model testing in GGY AXIS. This function will enforce consistent system design across GGY AXIS models, thereby mitigating and arbitrating issues and risks for model development.
This position is in the Annuities Research & Testing team.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
Develop, maintain, and enhance actuarial prototypes for annuity valuation models
- Update assumptions and inforce populations
- Implement model enhancements and new products
- Maintain and enhance project controls and documentation
- Research on feasibility of implementation or impact analysis due to new products, new methodologies, or new regulation
- Collaborate with and provide consultative services to business partners, e.g., the Model Development, Valuation COE, and Projections COE business units
- Other ad hoc requests from business partners and internal/external auditors
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, or Computer Science is preferred
- FSA or near FSA with 5+ years of actuarial experience is preferred
- Experience in model development, implementation and/or validation is a plus
- Knowledge of asset, life insurance, annuity, or retirement products is a plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills is required
- High level of self-motivation and ownership of results is required
- Strong technical skills and ability to understand complex quantitative concepts and models
- Strong oral and communication skills, ability to explain complex concepts to a wide range of business partners, both actuarial and non-actuarial
Able to demonstrate leadership, initiative, and resourcefulness