Maintenance Manager in Training - Tampa, FL at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tampa, Florida
Job ID: 132045
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, Tampa FL is seeking a safety conscious, energetic, self-motivated individual to train and then function as the Maintenance Manager. This is a development position to prepare you to become the Maintenance Manager in 2 years. You will work side by side the current Maintenance Manager with the intent of properly preparing you for assuming the role and a successful future. You will gain experience in leadership skills, planning and executing projects, reactive maintenance, inventory control, and implementing/executing route tasks through a mobile Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
Responsible for leading a team to support day and night production operations. Essential tasks include utilizing a digital Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to conduct preventative, reactive, and predictive maintenance on all equipment, tools, and facility systems. Responsibilities also include coordinating with external companies who provide support to install new equipment, remove/update existing equipment, and service down equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead workers in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Maintain and complete required maintenance/inventory records of all repairs and materials through AS400 and a CMMS
- Reduce downtime of production equipment
- Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions in equipment, then properly apply the right solution
- Coordinate with production team to apply labor requirements for completion of projects
- Interpret company policies and safety regulations to ensure compliance and safe work environment
- Directly responsible for Lock Out Tag Out program
- Interpret specifications, blueprints and job orders to workers and assign duties
- Recommend and implement measures to improve overall plant safety, production methods, equipment performance and quality of product
- Plan and implement a schedule preventative and predictive maintenance procedures and assign and monitor personnel to ensure continuous production operations
- Order parts needed for special projects, routine maintenance requirements, spare parts, tools and equipment needed
- Coordinate with production leadership to ensure optimal use of resources and time
- Coordinate maintenance services to be provided by outside vendors, including warranties and service contracts
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in training, education or a minimum of 5 years of experience as a maintenance technician, supervisor, or manager, or equivalent combination of experience, training, and education
- Experience with computers
- Repair and installation of variable frequency drives including Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Mitsubishi
- Repair and programming of Allen Bradley SLC 500 and Mitsubishi programmable logic controllers
- Ability to maintain and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic control equipment used in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene
- Working knowledge of the AS400
- This position requires that objects such as motors, pumps, welding equipment, etc. be moved from one position/location to another in an effort to maintain production equipment throughout the plant
- Muscular and cardiovascular endurance are required, along with upper and lower body manipulation functions in order to perform functions required to maintain machinery such as bending, twisting, and reaching motions
- Tight gripping, cupping, clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry, and maneuver up to 75 lbs. of objects/glass to platform heights of 3 feet in a manner considered safe for self and others
- Standing on a concrete floor, working under floor lighting, wearing steel-toed boots
- Must be able to hear commands in a noisy atmosphere
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer (labor, laborer)
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.