Vice President, Prudential Advisors Human Resources at Prudential
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Prudential is one of the largest financial services companies in the world and consistently recognized as an environment where talent develops and grows.
The company distributes its U.S. insurance and annuity products through a variety of channels, including internal financial professionals in ?Prudential Advisors?, Prudential?s nationwide U.S. sales organization. Prudential Advisors has approximately 4,000 associates including a sales force of over 3,000 financial professionals and approximately 300 field managers, with representation in 49 states.
Prudential Advisors has a great career opportunity for a seasoned lead human resources business partner to provide strategic consultative support on human capital matters and the full range of human resources support. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources for the Individual Solutions Group, and leading a team of human resource professionals, you will partner with business leaders to build a compelling culture that drives competitive advantage and the organizational capabilities to win.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set the strategic direction and lead a seasoned team of HR professionals
- Partner with senior leaders to plan/drive change, enhance organizational effectiveness, identify areas for improvement and develop/implement related strategies
- Implement operational efficiencies to build a high-performing culture
- Consult on all key HR-related disciplines, including organizational design, employee relations, policy guidance and advice, talent and succession planning and performance management
- Serve as a trusted advisor and confidante to senior leaders; coaching and consulting with management teams on all people related issues
- Partner with client groups in executing all cyclical processes such as annual compensation, performance management, succession management and Employee Engagement Survey analysis and action planning
- Collaborate with HR partners from Talent Management Centers of Expertise, Corporate Benefits, Diversity and Inclusion, as well as Employment Law (to name a few) to deliver against HR?s overall strategic commitments for the business
- Serve as an advocate for Prudential through being a voice for both management and employees through active listening, providing objective feedback and consistently delivering on commitments
· Demonstrate the highest levels of ethics, values and integrity; should be highly respected within current/previous organizations and within the industry as a trusted professional.
· Demonstrate high energy, capacity and the ability to manage multiple priorities as well as the ability to make decisions.
· Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability. Need to have the ability to flex as business conditions and organizational dynamics change. Remain calm and thoughtful, yet decisive under pressure.
· A disciplined approach, with a positive, constructive attitude toward managing.
· Adapt communication and style to meet colleagues? needs and expresses information in a clear, direct way.
· Possess the ability, experience and confidence to effectively manage change throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 10+ years HR experience with prior senior HR consulting responsibility, talent management and people leadership
- Strong leadership capabilities to lead a virtual team of seasoned HR professionals
- Solid working knowledge in all major HR disciplines (employee relations, succession planning, compensation, diversity/EEO, learning and development, organization development/effectiveness, talent acquisition)
- Proven record of effectively operating at both a strategic and tactical level and demonstrated ability to manage multiple and diverse issues. Successful track record of relationship building, problem solving and demonstrating sound judgment
- Solid experience on operational efficiency and high-performing cultures
- Become a trusted partner with senior leadership
- Expert in employee relations, depth of experience in coaching and demonstrates the ability to identify and mitigate risk
- Experience dealing with the HR demands that are unique to a distribution channel or sales environment.
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Superior written, listening and oral communications skills
- Based in Newark, NJ, with the ability to travel nationwide when the need arises