Produce Merchandiser I/II/III - Billings, MT at SUPERVALU Holdings Inc
Posted in Sales 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Billings, Montana
The primary goal of the Region Category Merchandiser is to aggressively manage the retail promotional and program support. This individual will be responsible for retail merchandising decisions and execution, including ad item play, retail pricing, promotional reflect windows, ad/promotional forecast adjustments, and Buyers' Fair/Quarterly promotional survey production. Additional responsibilities include managing retailer participation and signups on corporate programs and automatic distribution programs. This position is also responsible for working with Shelf Management to ensure timely plan-o-gram execution and retail category compliance. The end result of these communications is to increase retail participation and execution on promotions and category management initiatives, which will improve retail sales and retail profits.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage communication to retail of all promotional programs and category management initiatives.
- Determine reflect window for CMAP promotions and facilitate the input of these promotions through the Region CMA.
- Participate in Ad Group conference calls, Ad advisory committees, etc.
- Meet with Key Accounts on program participation.
- Make ad/promotional forecast adjustments.
- Sign up retailers and maintain a list of independent retailers supporting automatic distribution programs.
- Provide feedback and maintain database of Regional SKUs needed.
- Determine inventory needs for category blitzes based on 3rd party schedule and input forecast adjustments as necessary.
- Evaluate and react to 3rd party reports regarding plan-o-gram compliance for independent retailers on the category management program. Address issues with retailers and provide feedback as applicable.
- Coordinate product recalls, new item communications, and ValuNet communications with retailers.
- Be key contact for national Customer Service on retailer issues and coordinate Orderwell changes and exception orders.
- Handle downstream warehouse issues including billing, returns, lost sales, DRC coordination, continuities, product recalls, aged and discontinued product, and retail inventory returns negotiated by Category/Promotion Manager.
- Supervise Category Merchandiser Assistant.
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Retail and/or vendor experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of SUPERVALU’s Buying system.
- Solid negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the telephone.
- Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience, with word processing and spreadsheet applications preferred.
- Analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to travel (up to 5%) during the work week and occasional weekends.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.