Sr Software Engineer - Scala/Java, Autonomous Driving at Chicago_Randolph Office
Posted in Information Technology 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Who Are We?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders?” You might be using HERE Technologies every day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE
HERE’s Highly Automated Driving (HAD) division is responsible for building and maintaining an accurate, up-to-date map for self-driving cars using sensor data from a variety of sources. As part of HAD’s Cloud Learning program, you will work on a team of 8 energetic and dedicated engineers to develop large scale, distributed processes to construct an HD Map used by autonomous vehicles to localize themselves and better understand the road ahead. Our collaborative environment offers a good work-life balance, challenging tasks focused on parallel processing of large data sets, and a modern code base written in Scala and Spark that runs on AWS.
What’s The Role?
As a team member, your responsibilities span the entire software development process to include:
- Developing code following TDD best practices
- Peer reviewing and testing code changes by other team members
- Identifying, investigating, analyzing, and correcting software defects
- Gathering requirements and designing software components
- Contributing to process improvements
- Maintaining build, CI/CD tools
Who Are You?
As an ideal candidate, you are a quick learner, with an eye for detail, strong problem-solving and debugging skills, and the following:
- BS/MS in Computer Science
or 3+ years’ professional software experience
- Experience writing Scala, Java 8+, or similar languages, with unit tests
- Familiarity with both object-oriented and functional programming paradigms
- Solid understanding of data structures and time complexity
- Strong and articulate communication skills, both oral and written, in English
What Do We Offer?
- An opportunity to work with a team of world-class developers
- Challenging problems to solve
- Work that makes a difference in the world
- Freedom to decide how to perform your work
- Variety in the types of projects
- Feedback so you will know how well you are doing
- Collaborative, Supportive Colleagues
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started! Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
- Big data processing using Apache Spark/Flink
- 3D/geographic coordinate systems and transformations
- Container technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Cloud computing environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Distributed source control systems, particularly Git (with Gerrit)
- Continuous integration with Jenkins or similar
- Build configuration using SBT